Questions

TylerAW

I just got my pandora and it seems to have 1x Dead Pixel on it is this normal?

Also I can't seem to get my external NTFS drive to work on it and my computer does not reconize it when I plug it in through a mini USB port.

Well the network manager does not show up when I turn on Wifi so not what do I do? I can't put stuff on it cause my computer will not read the SD on it and I can't download anything.

just one question: did you read the manual or the wiki?
Wow ok it turns out the network icon is 2 black windows?

Also does the screen bezel problem matter for screen quality cause I have a messed up screen bezel?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't speak for OPT, but Nintendo and Sony I believe have a "3+ dead pixels" return policy: one or two dead pixels and they won't help you, unless it's an especially annoying pixel.

It does not what is bugging me is that PNDs that I download from the Pandora App website do not launch at all no matter what I do :(

also I cannot set this up AE1000 USB N Device

what are you doing with PNDs?
nvm it turns out the wifi speed is really reallly slow and maybe downloading at 5KB/s :( . Any suggestions because if I can get the wireless N device to work it might fix this?

don't you have a desktop PC to download them? Pandora wifi works nice for me, but since you've just got your pandora, you should download a lot of files and copy them to the sd card, no big hassle
Read up above please :p it will not connect to the SD card my computer does not see the Pandora at all.

Ok so I tried to get the terminal to format my SD card on the Pandora but after I type in "sudo fdisk /dev/mmcblk0 " and hit enter it asked for my password but it wont let me type.

Ok so I tried to get the terminal to format my SD card on the Pandora but after I type in "sudo fdisk /dev/mmcblk0 " and hit enter it asked for my password but it wont let me type.
When you're asked to enter your PW into a linux terminal nothing will show up. Type it in and hit enter and it should work. And someone was able to fix their device not showing up as a mass storage device by taking out the battery for a few minutes. Not exactly sure what their problem was though, but it's worth a shot.

When you're asked to enter your PW into a linux terminal nothing will show up. Type it in and hit enter and it should work. And someone was able to fix their device not showing up as a mass storage device by taking out the battery for a few minutes. Not exactly sure what their problem was though, but it's worth a shot.
Ok now it is saying the number of cylinders for this disk is set to 1937. And it did not format my card. Also a newbie section for this would help :)

I just want the SD card set up for the Pandora so I can run stuff it has been hours now and the only thing that works is the web browser barely :(

I'm probably not the best person to help you troubleshoot seeing as I don't even own a pandora yet, but I can try.

Have you installed hotfix 5? Have you enabled Mass Storage Device in the menu before connecting it to the computer? Try doing both of those things and if your computer still doesn't recognize it unplug the battery for a few minutes and see if that solves it.

As far as formatting the SD card I'd recommend Gparted instead of fdisk. Trying to use the command line for something you've never done before is always a pain.

I'm probably not the best person to help you troubleshoot seeing as I don't even own a pandora yet, but I can try.

Have you installed hotfix 5? Have you enabled Mass Storage Device in the menu before connecting it to the computer? Try doing both of those things and if your computer still doesn't recognize it unplug the battery for a few minutes and see if that solves it.

As far as formatting the SD card I'd recommend Gparted instead of fdisk. Trying to use the command line for something you've never done before is always a pain.
nvm it is working now

But I still cannot get my AE1000 Linkys N USB Device to connect do I need to disable wifi or something? I installed the PND and plugged it in but nothing :(

Back