Questions

But I still cannot get my AE1000 Linkys N USB Device to connect do I need to disable wifi or something? I installed the PND and plugged it in but nothing :(

Nothing will appear if you plug it. You have to:

1. From menu, Toggle Wifi (disable internal wifi)

2. Go to terminal (Menu - terminal)

3. sudo killall NetworkManager

4. Plug your wifi usb

5. sudo NetworkManager (it will open NM again and probably will connect automatically to your router)
I tried that but it won't connect to my router. I have tried this several times and it pops up the password prompt but it won't connect when I enter it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
after a fresh boot, repeat all the steps above. If still doesn't work, open a terminal session, type dmesg > /media/pathtosdcard/dmesg.txt

post dmesg output here
It just says the path or file does not exist I tried changing the path to a folder that is there but still nothing. I know it is trying to use the usb device because when I unplug it the network manager stops working.

It just says the path or file does not exist I tried changing the path to a folder that is there but still nothing. I know it is trying to use the usb device because when I unplug it the network manager stops working.
Where Alerino has said "/media/pathtosdcard/dmesg.txt" replace it with the path to your sd card.

Like, if your SD card is named "Emulators" then it will be "/media/Emualtors/dmesg.txt"

Here it is please let me know if something is wrong.

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    15.1 KB · Views: 143
You were supposed to perform the steps given above, and then run dmesg. :p

dmesg would tell us of any errors that occurred while trying to start wifi. All the file you've given us is let us know that your boot process is perfectly normal.

dmesg would tell us of any errors that occurred while trying to start wifi. All the file you've given us is let us know that your boot process is perfectly normal.
Ok try this one than lol.

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    13.9 KB · Views: 304
Was this one the right one? I noticed the range of my Wifi or perhaps the Pandora's is pretty low :(

Please help :(

Ok it is working now I just had to plug it in when I'm not in my room I think it is the 2 giant mirrors I have that is probably messing with the signal it would explain why my PSP always gets such crappy connections.

I guess mirrors would reflect radio waves the same way they reflect light waves? I dunno. Would be interesting to learn, but I'm too lazy to google it at the moment.

Ok it only works when I do exactly what u showed in the commands do I have to do this every time?

Back