Quick Question

aardbark

Still Fresh
Is there any difference between the batch 1 and batch 2 Pandoras? Like does the batch 2 have better software or a better processor, or more ram? Or even, does the second batch have like, Improved nubs and control uttons or something?

Is there any difference between the batch 1 and batch 2 Pandoras? Like does the batch 2 have better software or a better processor, or more ram? Or even, does the second batch have like, Improved nubs and control uttons or something?
No

Its the same RAM, same processor etc. Some issues that plagued the earliest of batch 1 (such as problems with the lcd cable, or the quality of the nubs) have been fixed. Software issues are ongoing as with any operating systems. There won't be a Pandora2 with an increase spec for some time yet. We know what you're thinking, that with all the time that's passed the original Pandora must be being phased out for a new model. That's not the case yet. The project has been plagued with problems. I think its fair to say that MOST (I'm not saying all) people on these forums want an open source project like this to succeed and are just extremely frustrated rather than angry regarding the problems.

The lack of Pandoras in the wild means that software and game development has been a bit slow and that many of the ports are just quick ports. But this is expected to improve as more people get involved once they receive their units.

The only reason for the batch1 and batch2 terms is because of the fact that the device is only available through preorders, and OP can't really afford continuous production just yet.

Actually I just pulled that out of my ass.

Anyways, no. There's no difference between One and Two.

Looking at the pictures on the pre-order page that has been requested to be kept private, we have a Pandora with Silkscreening.

So Batch 1 Pandoras don't have this Silkscreening telling you where the headphone, Slot 1, Slot 2, etc. are. Batch 2? According to the pictures, yes, there will be silkscreening.

OPT? What is the Story with Batch 2 Cases? Has the Silkscreening finally been approved? Are there cases on order for a 2nd Batch?

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Looking at the pictures on the pre-order page
That is an extremely old render. It no longer applies. Of note, the LEDs are different and the nubs are different. Honestly, it's no wonder review sites keep using the wrong images: OPT themselves are still using the wrong image! (in some places, anyway)

That is an extremely old render. It no longer applies. Of note, the LEDs are different and the nubs are different. Honestly, it's no wonder review sites keep using the wrong images: OPT themselves are still using the wrong image! (in some places, anyway)
Thanks for pointing that out. My mistake!

Back