Quick update and summary

He has? I've seen no information to state they've made and he's been able to look at new cases with the lugs included in the right places. I'm pretty sure I saw the video he'd made for them listing all of the case improvements just to bring them to the level of the pandora cases less than a month ago, although I didn't check when he released it to be fair.

He is using the clear cases for the pre-pre- orders iirc

I hope not; I'm a pre-pre-order and I don't want some shanky clear case when better parts are available. As far as I understand it also, the prototype preorders all elected to get a basically final unit once those are ready, and I'd expect those cases not to be clear (as that apparently interferes with the keyboard backlight).

But now I re-read your original post, you seem to be mistaking the prototype preorders for the pre-preorders (of which there were about 200). I guess you were talking about the prototype preorders all along, or the prototype developers who currently have units in various stages of brokenness.

I guess you were talking about the prototype preorders all along, or the prototype developers who currently have units in various stages of brokenness.

Yes. ED has had all parts for those for a while, and without those going out hardware acceleration and rotation can't be worked on.

9 out of 18 are built (which will be used for devs mostly), and I'm planning to test them these days.
I was still working on the tester a bit, but it should be good now to test most of the hardware :D

I want to build the remaining ones with the fixed cases (with proper shoulder buttons). Need to find the time to post some news, but I mostly want to do it with a video :)

Back