Quite A Few Questions

Hey there :)

I mean simple polling, Thanks for the Posix idea ... but this project should run on client [Windows/*nix/OSX, whatever] side with zero configuration and no special software requirements. I read some stuff about eventhandlers, listeners wait and notify, with this i can maybe check the ArrayBlockingQueue [inQueue] but whats about the incoming iostream from the Socket?

Code:
while(inQueue.peek()!=null) {
		System.out.println("Writing: " + Utils.toHex(inQueue.peek()));
		out.write(inQueue.poll());
		out.flush();
      }
or,
Code:
in = mySocket.getInputStream();
while(in.available>0) {
       doSomeStuff();
     }

Another thing i'd love to know is why i cannot set a default key for BlowFish and AES encryption higher then 128bit o_O?
Java generates the key, but unless its wimpy 128bit it would throw an exception because of illegal key length. I hope i didn't get an export version of JCE, even though i'm pretty sure i use bouncy castle :-D. The RSA port on the other hand works pretty well, even with keylength up to 4092b [ but then it takes the server quite a time to initialize every incoming client :D ]

and because its an gp32 board, a pandora related question:
There will be full blown jre for pandora, will there?

And now, for all the coders a page i really enjoy: Unmaintainable Code

Have a good day,

lastaid

select() _is_ used on Windows, particularly with cross-platform libraries. Example: libcurl (http://curl.haxx.se/). Apparently this stuff (posix-like socket functions) is in 'Winsock'.

lastaid said:
I really hope that this will be the case. There was some talk about JamVM but I'd really like to have some OpenJDK based JVM or at least something with some kind of JIT.

Last edited by a moderator:
dflemstr said:
lastaid said:
I really hope that this will be the case. There was some talk about JamVM but I'd really like to have some OpenJDK based JVM or at least something with some kind of JIT.

Java ME works quite great on cellphones, and if i remember right, even with quite usable hardware support [ i remember some decent bluetooth hacking software ^^ ]
there where even ports like lejos where u could use normal java code on a lego brick.
when i get a pandora i will start experimenting, maybe contacting a few of the lejos programmers ^^ [ even though multithreading was buggy as hell on these things ]

the multithreading problem was solvable with java only, but im still working on it, its a pain in the ass [ there is a Selector Class that works quite well, but has no usable documentation nor logic structur ^^ ]

have a good day

lastaid

Last edited by a moderator:
JamVM isn't a Java ME platform; it implements the whole Java 5 spec I think. So there will be full Java SE support; the question is just at which speed it will run.

Back