Quote button missing?

(I also struggle with quotes.  I think they may be wasting more space in some of my recent posts than the collapsing ability saves, as I usually just want to comment on a line or two.  Aren't quotes more on topic than Opera discussions?  All are welcome though.)

I really want one of the browsers inspired by Opera 12 to turn out to be good, and have a long life.  It would be nice to not need to resort to these odd things to get basic functionality, which was part of why I liked Opera over others when I started using it.  It fit me better out of the box, and I could change a couple little things if I wanted to.

Quotes are bugy, not because of Opera but it was part of an geneal issue with Opera. Now I have the problem that it automaticly quotes, even if I just want to answer directly, strange. Maybe the Forum saves these infos somehow so you keep the content in the answer field. I also can't delete empty quotes from here, at least not in normal mode.  At least the "source" switch works, it reveals alot of weird code lines.

Well, the quoting system also sucked in the old forum where it was nearly impossible to copy+paste quotes when not in BB code mode.

I have tons of problems when quoting, not just with Opera.  I just try not to let it get too messy.

I noticed that quoted text and posts that have not been submitted do seem to stick around.  Initially it bugged me, and may have been why I was having so many issues with quoting (such as if I quoted something, then never posted, and later go back to actually post and when quoting again it gets quoted inside the quote of the abandoned quote from earlier, even if I had gone to another page).  Now I like it, as I am not losing partially completed posts when clicking on a different tab on Android devices (in the past, when going back to a tab with a partial post, sometimes it would reload and the post would vanish, so I got into the habit of selecting everything in the box and copying, which sucked if I forgot to do it, and I checked someones link or whatever).

Some things suck, some things work better for me now.

Back