Evo Smart Console

Jourdy288

What happened to the EVO Smart Console? Did it just vanish, or become abandoned by its parent company or something? And are there any communities developing for it?

Nothing, eh? Well, I guess I'll just have to go for the source.

Huh, the wiki didn't have much. I remember this but didn't get too excited about it. To make something like this work they needed to make a steam type internet distribution system for it. Sure, the Pahntom game console bombed but it wasn't because it was a bad idea it's just that the people doing it were idiots. Also, distancing yourself away from Microsoft would be a good idea since they had the x-box.

Without anything special it was just a PC in a HTPC case with a wireless controller, that is why this never took off.

second exodous said:
Huh, the wiki didn't have much. I remember this but didn't get too excited about it. To make something like this work they needed to make a steam type internet distribution system for it. Sure, the Pahntom game console bombed but it wasn't because it was a bad idea it's just that the people doing it were idiots. Also, distancing yourself away from Microsoft would be a good idea since they had the x-box.

Without anything special it was just a PC in a HTPC case with a wireless controller, that is why this never took off.

You had me going for a second when you said The Wiki. I thought there was an EVO Smart Console wiki... Thanks, nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jourdy288 said:
You had me going for a second when you said The Wiki. I thought there was an EVO Smart Console wiki... Thanks, nonetheless.
Yeah, I don't think they have a wiki because it didn't take off. It says they did sell 3,000, but that just wasn't enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back