Re-order Emails Going Out Now

Nice to know that other people haven't gotten their emails yet either. They'll come eventually...

I'm gonna be playing Left 4 Dead until I get mine personally yum yum

Then I'll be spending allnighters with playstation games... I'll finally finish Metal Gear Solid :eek:

JayFoxRox said:
WTF? delayed to december?
I was quite sure that the ram wouldn't cause any delay, only the displays do, which pushes back the shipping by an unknown amount of time.
There is not much difference between end November and December. The mail is a little bit misleadingly formulated, that was already pointed out. The RAM upgrade has nothing to do with the delay, but it should mollify the hassle a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you need your order number as a reference number if you're going to re-order with a credit card? PayPal buyers didn't receive an order number...

I ordered day of and I have not received:

1. Email stating refund
2. Refund

I live in the USA.

Not sure where else to turn but this is highly frustrating and need some type of update.

got the email but i am waiting until the finally switch banks. It sucks that it will start shipping in december as i promised my sis back in september that it let her play before she goes on her camping trip which is tomorrow the 10th... i know this is out of the hands of the pandora team as its the lcd manufacturer who is at fault, atleast thats what i understand.

bleh.. enough bawwing, back to lurking :ph34r: *Ryuu returns to the shadows

Edit: can someone pm me if they have already switched ? the statment hasnt arrived yet so i dont kow if my money has been refunded :S

For those who haven't gotten the email and think they should, might I make a suggestion?

1) Get online banking, if you haven't already. Mostly because it's awesome. Unless you're worried about the security of it, which is fair enough.

2) Check recent transactions for the next week or so. If there's an income of ~£200 then your email got lost, but your refund didn't.

Note, of course, that this applies more to those of us whose cards are effectively debit cards (whether visa, maestro, or whatever), but I'd guess credit card companies also have some online statement checking facilities in general these days...

Just a thought :)

Fueler said:
I ordered day of and I have not received:

1. Email stating refund
2. Refund

I live in the USA.

Not sure where else to turn but this is highly frustrating and need some type of update.
Why is it frustrating? Why do you think you should be getting a refund? Did you request to cancel your order?
If you're waiting on an email telling you you're one of the few affected by the bank problem, then there are one of three things going on:
1) They haven't gotten to you yet. It was said that they were sending emails one at a time, with North America being lower in the list than the UK. USA is in North America, so it could take a while. If no one has said "we've sent all the emails" then they are still sending emails. You may be getting yours soon. There is no need to send an update until every email has been sent.
2) They did send one to you, but your spam filter nabbed it. This seems highly unlikely: nothing I've seen suggests that any of OpenPandora's emails should get flagged as spam, but check your spam folder just in case.
3) You are actually unaffected. Yes, I know, hard to believe that when they said "a few" they really meant "a few" and not "all". Some people will not get a refund email. Some people actually have to sit back and do nothing. You could be one of those lucky ones. I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky ones as well. No one has said just how many were affected by the banking fiasco, but based on my understanding of "a few" it's probably in the hundreds, certainly no more than half, but that's just a wild guess.

tl;dr: wait for the all clear before going into panic mode.

Phawx said:
CTfan,

Look, I can see you are really upset. We got a RAM upgrade free of charge. That should be enough. Why bother saying Paypal was FUBAR when you were a propellant supporting Paypal?

Demanding MORE from Pandora Co. is silly. If you honestly feel that Pandora Co. isn't doing enough for you, ask for a refund.

Otherwise it just seems like you are complaining for the fun of it.
I'm going to have to side with Chronotriggerfan on this one. All you fanboys it seems are content with waiting a whole year while your bank card is charged and has nothing to show for it. That's like slapping down 1,500 bucks for a brand spanking new PC with 5 TBs of storage, and not being able to touch it for 5 years.

It's just a little disappointing that any of us have to wait this long, but ALAS, if we are true die-hards of this unit which will eventually see the light of day, I suppose we will hang on until then to become one of the Pandora Elite.

It has it's pros and cons for me. I really wanted to pre-order the thing, didn't have time to do so, and now it looks like I'm glad I didn't. Having all these cancellations and re-orders isn't exactly the best way to conduct business, so I can understand why people would be angry. I really hope the second batch orders will go a lot more smoothly.

STEP 1: Collect followers
STEP 2: ?????
STEP 3: PROFIT!!!

CandidStan said:
I'm going to have to side with Chronotriggerfan on this one. All you fanboys it seems are content with waiting a whole year while your bank card is charged and has nothing to show for it. That's like slapping down 1,500 bucks for a brand spanking new PC with 5 TBs of storage, and not being able to touch it for 5 years.
No, its like slapping down 1,500 bucks for a spanking new PC with 5 TB of storage and being told shipments would begin at the end of November, and then being told there may be a 1-3 month delay in receipt, but that there is now 10 TB of storage, and they doubled the RAM.

This isn't even CTs problem. I feel for him and his situation, but the issues we are seeing are reasonable based on the nature of the project.

ingrin said:
No, its like slapping down 1,500 bucks for a spanking new PC with 5 TB of storage and being told shipments would begin at the end of November, and then being told there may be a 1-3 month delay in receipt, but that there is now 10 TB of storage, and they doubled the RAM.
It's more like a 1-3 week delay. Pandoras were originally supposed to start shiping at the end of November, now (according to the latest info) they will start shiping some time in December. Assuming no further problems, that's not so bad.

Chip said:
ingrin said:
It's more like a 1-3 week delay. Pandoras were originally supposed to start shiping at the end of November, now (according to the latest info) they will start shiping some time in December. Assuming no further problems, that's not so bad.
:p It just goes to show you that we need more team members to update the pre-order holders on the current status of their Pandora.

Tobriand said:
For those who haven't gotten the email and think they should, might I make a suggestion?

1) Get online banking, if you haven't already. Mostly because it's awesome. Unless you're worried about the security of it, which is fair enough.

OK Slightly OT but why is it reasonable to be worried about the security of internet banking? As long as you're prudent and ensure that firstly you never write down your security number/password and secondly you never respond to emails asking you to 'confirm your security details', online banking is far more secure than standard banking. It's far easier to forge a signature on a cheque than it is to guess somebody's online login details (banks vary rarely check signatures on cheques, and have even been known to pass unsigned cheques!)

Chip said:
Chip, sorry I'm now confused ... I thought only 600 odd could get made cos of the shortage of lcds. Are you saying the whole batch is now going ahead in December? thanks

TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
Chip said:

Chip, sorry I'm now confused ... I thought only 600 odd could get made cos of the shortage of lcds. Are you saying the whole batch is now going ahead in December? thanks
No, they will start shipping in december. No one knows as yet when all the Pandora's will be complete. That could be early 2009, depending on the LCD manufacturer.
Pleng said:
OK Slightly OT but why is it reasonable to be worried about the security of internet banking? As long as you're prudent and ensure that firstly you never write down your security number/password and secondly you never respond to emails asking you to 'confirm your security details', online banking is far more secure than
Yes, but you do know how many people are actually prudent? Maybe you should read WTF's phishing post.

Squidge said:
Pleng said:
OK Slightly OT but why is it reasonable to be worried about the security of internet banking? As long as you're prudent and ensure that firstly you never write down your security number/password and secondly you never respond to emails asking you to 'confirm your security details', online banking is far more secure than
Yes, but you do know how many people are actually prudent? Maybe you should read WTF's phishing post.

Yup. But people should really be worried about their own stupidity than the security of internet banking.

Anyway, back on topic. I still haven't received my refund. Just spent a couple of hours searching the net for devices that would be similar enough to the Pandora for me to purchase instead and realised why I decided to go for a Pandora in the first place: there is nothing around like the Pandora!

Pleng said:
OK Slightly OT but why is it reasonable to be worried about the security of internet banking? As long as you're prudent and ensure that firstly you never write down your security number/password and secondly you never respond to emails asking you to 'confirm your security details', online banking is far more secure than standard banking. It's far easier to forge a signature on a cheque than it is to guess somebody's online login details (banks vary rarely check signatures on cheques, and have even been known to pass unsigned cheques!)
Well, as with any online account it doesn't take that much personal information to request a password change, which would done via an email to your registered email account. And iirc email isn't exactly the most secure of methods of communication - either in transit, or in terms of perfect security of accounts.

Yahoo, for instance, basically asks you something along the lines of your monther's maiden name, which I've never thought that secure, and your date of birth, which most people keep in public on facebook.

Admittedly, to get that kind of information, you have to know someone fairly well in the first place, but still. I know I have my reservations (despite continuing to use the system).

To be quite honest, the most secure thing about it isn't actually the password, but the bizarre and convoluted username they give you, which it is usually much harder to recover, and certainly harder to guess.

Looking forward to recieving my refund now. Got the email on the 6th.

Am in two minds as to whether to order again but if I do I'll be using a credit card this time. Their bank doesn't have confidence in them, why should I?

Anyhow, I'll be monitoring the newsgroup alt.console.pandora incase the forums go down...

Cheers,
Blarney

Tobriand said:
Note, of course, that this applies more to those of us whose cards are effectively debit cards (whether visa, maestro, or whatever), but I'd guess credit card companies also have some online statement checking facilities in general these days...
Just want to confirm, here, that you're right - many credit card companies do offer this facility also (and at least some offer the facility to pay off the balance online, too). ;) (And I agree, it is awesome. And handy. So long as you're careful. :D)

EDIT: I would normally stay well away from stuff like this, but, blarney, regarding the bank thing you may want to read this posting.

Got the reorder email a few days ago, still no refund, though i do have a question.

I ordered the system plus a spare battery, then a few days later i order a s-vhs tv cable and donated £10 to the deveolper fund. When i get my refund, will i be refunded cost of the system, spare battery, tv cable and develpoer fund cash in one lump sum? A bit concerned i'm going to end up either no receiving some items or losing out money wise.

Back