Re-order Emails Going Out Now

TaG said:
Updates: Latest CC position from craigix:
craigix said:
We hope to have the credit card system set up via Barclays very soon.

There will be a credit card fee as a %.

I'm already out 40+ Euro unless I re-order. To get back in line the only secure way is going to cost extra as well. My optimism reserves are in recession.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
Gibberish and Edca22: Did you miss the sticky? Everything that you need to know is there.

Then maybe I am not reading it right either because it doesn't seem to answer my question.

How do I know if I should still be expecting an email/refund or if my order is still in the system?

In one post I read here it said that the refund was because of the upgrade. In another, it said the refund was because of banks.

While it may seem clear to some, it is very unclear to others. File me under 'others'. :)

Loktofeit said:
How do I know if I should still be expecting an email/refund or if my order is still in the system?
There will likely be an all-clear sent out soon. Since Australia is the arse-end of the world and it seems we have been getting our reorder emails today, the process should be near completion?

In one post I read here it said that the refund was because of the upgrade. In another, it said the refund was because of banks.

Well, due to either miscommunication or a bit of silver lining salesmanship, both reasons have been given.

The main problem, it seems, is that the bank was getting nervous holding so many credit card orders for a long preorder period. At the same time, the Pandora team were given the opportunity to double the RAM and NAND for a tiny extra cost. They decided to kill two birds with one stone--refund credit card orders and take new preorders with the new specs.

[Chip, if I'm totally wrong on all of this, please correct me if you're able]

At first I was dubious because I didn't think the extra RAM would be so useful, however now I'm quite happy things have turned out this way, and the slight hassle (and really, it is so very inconsequential, all it takes is resending the money, with perhaps a small 1-3% credit card fee) is more than worth it.

Still no reorder email or refund.

Canada, one of the 2nd half of the first batch (past 3k units)

I assume the refund will be in the same currency as we paid, as not to get axed on the now tanked dollar.

P90Puma said:
Still no reorder email or refund.

Canada, one of the 2nd half of the first batch (past 3k units)

I assume the refund will be in the same currency as we paid, as not to get axed on the now tanked dollar.
Also from Canada in the last 1000.

Since we paid in GBP, we get GBP back. Thankfully the pound has tanked to, so we don't get screwed too badly. (Perhaps $10CDN, plus currency conversion fees)

GunPei2X said:
At first I was dubious because I didn't think the extra RAM would be so useful, however now I'm quite happy things have turned out this way, and the slight hassle (and really, it is so very inconsequential, all it takes is resending the money, with perhaps a small 1-3% credit card fee) is more than worth it.
I'm not convinced that means we will have to pay more, as I don't think they are allowed to charge different prices for different methods of payment. But maybe some would be willing to.

P90Puma said:
Everybody that has given details has so far said it is refunded in the same currency - I don't think they can do anything else. Also, those that have re-ordered by bank transfer have suggested they simply sent exactly the same amount back as they received - so if you got, say, $352 refunded, re-order for $352. (I should say that no one from openpandora has publicly confirmed this is the correct thing to do.)

GunPei2X said:
quartercast said:
The email only mentions bank transfers from UK - am I able to make a bank transfer from Aus? Is this also a painless and fee free process?
Most banks do them, there's usually a fee of up to ten bucks. All the needed info (SWIFT codes etc) are in the email.

I'm not familiar with SWIFT/SORT codes. I've only transferred money locally in Aus and we use BSB and account numbers. If people are right and the CC fees are only 1-3%, it should be cheaper for me to order via CC anyways.

No re-order email yet (Australia)

Ordered on the 1/10, well thats when I received my confirmation email so that could be local time which would be 30/09 in the U.K

Got my email this morning. I'm in California. Looks like they're pretty close to finishing up. My only problem is I forgot which credit card I used so I have to call all of them to see if there was a refund posted or wait for my statements.

Any word on the CC order weblink?

I have received my refund (no email though). I would prefer to re-order on my credit card but if I have to I will put it through on a bank transfer.

I've added a note to the first post about the 'newer' version of the re-order email. It is very similar but includes the this key item:QUOTE
Please use your original order number as the reference number eg GVVDX00000000.

I have again amended the first post. Apparently when you do the bank transfer you need to quote openpandora's address:QUOTE
Our address is:
Open Pandora LTD
26 Meadow Road
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE15 7LP
UK

Thanks mali.

If anyone else thinks I should put something on that post please let me know.

How much do we need to actually pay back? I am aware we will be getting less money back in refunds due to processing, so how will we know how much we need to pay?

kmc said:
Any word on the CC order weblink?

I have received my refund (no email though). I would prefer to re-order on my credit card but if I have to I will put it through on a bank transfer.
That's what I'm wondering about. I'm definitely not willing to pay for an oversees transfer, the extra $35 is not something I'm willing to pay after already having had to pay an additional $10 in fees. I can sort of live with the extra, extra $10 from my credit card issuer, but I have to admit that this thing is already touching the upper limit of what I can afford, and any more fees are going to make my pandora end up on eBay. Not a threat, just saying.

PoisonedV said:
How much do we need to actually pay back? I am aware we will be getting less money back in refunds due to processing, so how will we know how much we need to pay?
If you pay by bank transfer, you need to pay the exact amount, they re-funded you. If you wait for CC, I suppose that the amount might change depending on currency fluctuation.

The refund must be more than what we paid for to compensate for our time and effort (the pandora team has put is the extra RAM which is a decent thing to do but I refer to compensation from the bank.) It is the banks fault for messing this up and the bank compensate our losses due to exchange rates, credit card fees etc and also for our time.
I can accept losses if I had made a mistake. The pandora team would have accepted the losses if they had made a mistake.

Been lurking the forums for a while, just have a few questions.
Hey, just wondering if the Pandora dev team is only open to re-orders, or if a new order is possible at this time as well. Just asking in case they lost a few customers due to the refund.

pcklee123 said:
The refund must be more than what we paid for to compensate for our time and effort (the pandora team has put is the extra RAM which is a decent thing to do but I refer to compensation from the bank.) It is the banks fault for messing this up and the bank compensate our losses due to exchange rates, credit card fees etc and also for our time.
I can accept losses if I had made a mistake. The pandora team would have accepted the losses if they had made a mistake.

Bank... mistake... compensation... No, sorry does not compute.

Let me get this straight though: you want more back than you paid? What time and effort is required? If you got a refund it hasn't taken any time or effort. When (if) you choose to re-order it will take you, what, five minutes? Five minutes of effort to get your hands on the greatest gizmo ever?

Now had I read this at one o'clock Sunday morning rather than 4:30 Saturday afternoon I might have been more on the right wavelength. :D

Back