Re-order Emails Going Out Now

I'm not sure if my situation is unique or not, but upon the original paypal fiasco I got my money refunded and the Jaqluin (or how you spell it) said that I'd be able to use my credit card shortly. This was quite some time ago, and she insisted that it'd be relatively soon. I've emailed her a few times but I really don't want to be a bother, I could imagine that she gets quite a few emails about the ordeal. Does anyone know when GBAX will be accepting credit cards again?

Sorry if this has been asked but the threads 29 pages long, and searching "credit card reorder" yields many many results.

devhace said:
I'm not sure if my situation is unique or not, but upon the original paypal fiasco I got my money refunded and the Jaqluin (or how you spell it) said that I'd be able to use my credit card shortly. This was quite some time ago, and she insisted that it'd be relatively soon. I've emailed her a few times but I really don't want to be a bother, I could imagine that she gets quite a few emails about the ordeal. Does anyone know when GBAX will be accepting credit cards again?

Sorry if this has been asked but the threads 29 pages long, and searching "credit card reorder" yields many many results.
I suppose, you will be able to re-order when the re-re-order( :rolleyes: ) site is up. You are lucky, that you didn't have the CC re-fund in between. I'd wait for Chip to answer your question or send him a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
TaG said:
Bank... mistake... compensation... No, sorry does not compute.

Let me get this straight though: you want more back than you paid? What time and effort is required? If you got a refund it hasn't taken any time or effort. When (if) you choose to re-order it will take you, what, five minutes? Five minutes of effort to get your hands on the greatest gizmo ever?

Now had I read this at one o'clock Sunday morning rather than 4:30 Saturday afternoon I might have been more on the right wavelength. :D
If I slipped and fell in a Welsh school, I'd get compensation.
If I paid my credit card bill late by one day, I'd have to pay compensation. I my cheque bounced, I would pay compensation. If I paid using a foreign currency I would pay commission. How much time and effort does all that take for the bank?
Lets say it costs GBP300 originally for pandora +accessories+developer fund, I paid in foreign currency so it cost me GBP315 (conversion commission-which may be built into the exchange rate). When refunded, I'd probably get the equivalent GBP285 (assuming no rate changes and just commission and I am refunded GBP300). Then to reorder, I would have to pay 315 again (assuming no rate changes and I pay GBP300) Thus I would pay GBP45 more which goes to the banks for no effort on their part. I am especially angry that GBP30 goes to the bank which received the cash and refunds it when in fact they should have made a loss from refusing good business, they will actually profit from their mistake. Now if this GBP30 had been towards the profit of the Pandora team, I would have been happy cause it would go towards the cost of the additional RAM and they actually deserve a bigger profit as they have put in the time and effort to develop the product.
Put it in this way,"Does the bank which rejected the payments deserve to profit from its mistake?" or "After months of work the Pandora team gets 10% profit from Pandora sales and after no work at all, the bank also gets 10% profit from pandora sales".

A bank operated normally never-ever makes a loss only profits. It is strange to see banks being supported by governments in this financial crisis. Consider the layoffs in the banking sector and in the manufacturing sector. I see that there is a much larger number of people affected by factory closures in the world than than in bank closures. The unfair treatment of banking over manufacturing could lead to further problems in society.

pcklee123 said:
I am especially angry that GBP30 goes to the bank which received the cash and refunds it when in fact they should have made a loss from refusing good business, they will actually profit from their mistake.
Currency conversion is usually done at buyer's end -> it was your own bank who kept the difference.

salasq said:
pcklee123 said:
I am especially angry that GBP30 goes to the bank which received the cash and refunds it when in fact they should have made a loss from refusing good business, they will actually profit from their mistake.
Currency conversion is usually done at buyer's end -> it was your own bank who kept the difference.

That's why the british bank has to be asked to compensate. The bank/credit card company at my end has made no mistakes.

pcklee123 said:
salasq said:
pcklee123 said:
Currency conversion is usually done at buyer's end -> it was your own bank who kept the difference.That's why the british bank has to be asked to compensate. The bank/credit card company at my end has made no mistakes.The British bank will have received GBP from your bank/card company; they are very unlikely to accept responsibility.

I've just updated the first post as those that do not visit often are still unsure what is happening. Essentially:
  • You can re-order now by bank transfer, all the details are in that first post. Craig would very much like you to consider doing this if you can.
  • There is no link for re-ordering by credit card yet, nor any information on when, how etc
  • Those expecting an Amex refund should seriously consider raising a dispute without http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=683733.

standard bank dialogue

Customer
somebody set us up the debit

Craig
what you say?

Bank
good evening gentlemen

Craig
YOU!?!?!

Bank
all your monies now belong to us
you have no hope
make your time
hahahaha

its just standard bank procedure to be honest. :), I mean, you see it everywhere bankers are involved, eg, with a slight modification

Economy
somebody set us up the debt

World Leaders
what you say?

Bank
good evening gentlemen

World Leaders
YOU!?!?!

Bank
all your bailout monies now belong to us
you have no hope
make your time
hahahaha

seem familiar??

LOL hobbyman :p

As for the bank thing... what a pain in the ass. But yeah, I'll look into the transfer crap at my bank later.

I'll post this quote here for completeness - I've edited the first post.

Chip said:
Reorders are happening now, slowly. We're sending out details and a reorder URL to customers one at a time, starting with US customers. Some have already been sent, and the rest are on the way. We're doing it slowly to avoid any potential problems with the CC processor and to avoid overwhelming the sales ladies. Do not worry, everybody will have the opportunity to reorder in time to get their Pandora.

We are meeting with the bank this week to fix the Amex situation. They cannot simply sit on the money forever, and we're not accepting any more of their stall tactics. If the bank simply refuses to rectify the situation, there is a backup plan. Anybody who paid for a Pandora will get one, no matter what the bank does. One way or another, this situation will be remedied this week.

Back