Real Hot Stuff

G

Goemon4

im kinda in the market for a DS-Xtreme, and i found this site, are they reliable? if not are there any other places i should check out?

Thanks

im kinda in the market for a DS-Xtreme, and i found this site, are they reliable? if not are there any other places i should check out?

Thanks
RHS is a really good store from what I hear on the supercard forum ( http://scdev.org/ ), which may be relevant to your interests anyways. Though I wouldn't personally spend money on a DS-X.

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't list a site...

I'd strongly recommend an M3 Lite and a Passcard 3. That way, you'll be able to run GBA software, not just DS-- and the M3s are just more 'tried and true', whereas these newer Slot 1 solutions are barely out the door and some have been seen to be EXTREMELY faulty. You generally should not buy the first generation of any unauthorized backup device, it's usually a disaster the companies that are taking their TIME later perfect. I'd wait to see what M3's take on a Slot 1 device is. Maybe Supercard's will be good too, but the physical quality (and software quality) of their existing Slot 2 devices is pretty lacking next to the M3s right now.

The supercard has poor RAM, causing slowdown in GBA games. If you don't care for them, then the supercard is fine.

i want a ds-x cause i dont want to flash my ds (cause im not positive about a few things) and id just like to be able to easily play scumm, c64, spectrum, snes and nes games on my ds (and from what ive read the ds-x can do that) unless using a passme (or nopass) and a supercart is better in some way.... (i know it is storage wise) but other than that i belive i get the same benifits with the ds-x

btw i find the ds-x a reasonable price, cause ive seen that a passme, a supercart, a sd/minisd and a card reader go for a similar price (all together)....

i want a ds-x cause i dont want to flash my ds (cause im not positive about a few things) and id just like to be able to easily play scumm, c64, spectrum, snes and nes games on my ds (and from what ive read the ds-x can do that) unless using a passme (or nopass) and a supercart is better in some way.... (i know it is storage wise) but other than that i belive i get the same benifits with the ds-x

btw i find the ds-x a reasonable price, cause ive seen that a passme, a supercart, a sd/minisd and a card reader go for a similar price (all together)....
If you find the price of a DS-X "reasonable" (since it's not, really), then you should buy an M3 Lite and Passcard 3 combo for about $90 and buy a microsd card from a different shop, Newegg if you can.

If you want to save some money, get a Supercard Lite and Superkey. It has much, much better GBA compatibility than most people give it credit for; it runs at least 85% of GBA games and homebrew fullspeed. As for DS game and homebrew compatibility and speed, it is the EXACT same as the M3. Plus, saving is better IMO on the Supercard, and less of a hassle.

Both the M3 and Supercard have some of those emulators built in.

It seems like you think you have to flash your DS to use a Slot-2 solution. You certainly don't. That's what the Slot-1 passcard/superkey is for. I can't really think of ANY advantages a DS-X gives you over a supercard other than freeing up your 2nd Slot... which is only used for gimmicks anyways (or the Opera browser), and it's way too expensive for me. With M3 Lite/Supercard Lite you can have up to 2gb of games (which fills up quickly xD).

I can't recommend my M3 and passcard highly enough! Great community too.

They got a 9.7 out of 10 on Reseller Ratings out of many, many reviews... I'll probably be ordering my M3 Lite from them, now that Modchipstore and Sky2K have fucked up shipping my order. Maybe third time's the charm...

well if you guys say not to get a ds-x then i wont (cause i found a good deal on a supercard, superkey, and a 1 gig minisd) so ill probably just get that...thanks

They got a 9.7 out of 10 on Reseller Ratings out of many, many reviews... I'll probably be ordering my M3 Lite from them, now that Modchipstore and Sky2K have fucked up shipping my order. Maybe third time's the charm...

Try Winsunx. I've heard nothing but positive things about them - ordered my M3/Passcard combo from them and it got here (China -> Northern Europe) in two days.

well if you guys say not to get a ds-x then i wont (cause i found a good deal on a supercard, superkey, and a 1 gig minisd) so ill probably just get that...thanks
You don't want to play GBA games do you? They are pretty worthless for that. Also, be sure you tape your SD card in. They are not really held in by anything and fall out easily. On the M3s the slot is on the inside of Slot 2 so it cannot fall out.

You don't want to play GBA games do you? They are pretty worthless for that. Also, be sure you tape your SD card in. They are not really held in by anything and fall out easily. On the M3s the slot is on the inside of Slot 2 so it cannot fall out.
My Supercard MiniSD is fine; I've never had a game not work at fullspeed (even GBA) and the MiniSD is in pretty securely.

My Supercard MiniSD is fine; I've never had a game not work at fullspeed (even GBA) and the MiniSD is in pretty securely.

Same, just love it and my DS.

idrc about gba games, just gba homebrew (along with ds homebrew) and to my understanding, the supercard minisd can do those just fine

Also, be sure you tape your SD card in. They are not really held in by anything and fall out easily. On the M3s the slot is on the inside of Slot 2 so it cannot fall out.
Friction is an amazing physical property these days.
idrc about gba games, just gba homebrew (along with ds homebrew) and to my understanding, the supercard minisd can do those just fine
Yes it certainly can. Though if you have a DS Lite, I don't know why you'd want a SCMini sticking out like that.

Back