Red Dragon

Also i have maybe a dumb question but what is Mednafen? Is that a software developer who made a bunch of emulators?

Mednafen itself is a multi-system emulator. I assume that the individual consoles are opened as different apps in the menu because it'd be simpler to do than opening a .zip to see what file is inside. Remember that Mednafen supports .zips.

Also i have maybe a dumb question but what is Mednafen? Is that a software developer who made a bunch of emulators?

Mednafen itself is a multi-system emulator. I assume that the individual consoles are opened as different apps in the menu because it'd be simpler to do than opening a .zip to see what file is inside. Remember that Mednafen supports .zips.
I was able to locate mednafen with various roms packs. They play wonderfully. They came as .rar files and I extracted them ,. For example, .rar>>>> .sms, .gg , .sms, .vb. etc.. 1,000's of files too!! No .zip required.

However, I am sure you know this already but for those who do not , I highly recommend mednafen!!

I also agree this emulator plays virtual boy games somewhat better.

Same interface as Mupen , Dega and NeoGeox emulators to track. Same for me at least.

Do the snes files need to be zipped? They appear as .smc and I cannot extract but can compress to .smc.zip. Will this suffice?

Do they play as .smc only??I ask this because these files are the only ones with mednafen thus far that do not match the folder name in appdata. The appdata folder reads snes ,however, the file names for the roms are different here[.smc] and here only thus far. All the other roms I used for this emulator match the folder file name.

I have not tried yet.

Thank you again Blue for the direction.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sorry to be a pest but did anyone find a way to turn the "3-D" effects off the Mednafen VB emulator. I would say it runs better but as long as I have the blue red going i would rather try the game out on red dragon because i don't have the red blue 3d glasses. I can bring up a menu of sorts with "F1" but nothing to turn off the 3d effects.

Also Mcobit, Is there a tutorial somewhere that explains the basics of how you turned that file into something people enjoy and can use on the Pandora?

I use sebt3's toolchain to crosscompile apps from my linuxnotebook to the pandoraformat (armv7).

Basic tutorials can be found in the thread of sebt3 for his toolchain.

In this case I used a simple gcc compilation instead of a makefile, as the supplied makefile was not very crosscompilerfriendly. Also I needed to incorporate the allegro libs to compile and package.

If you have any questions, just pm me or have a read through the wiki and google for crosscompilation.

Sorry to be a pest but did anyone find a way to turn the "3-D" effects off the Mednafen VB emulator. I would say it runs better but as long as I have the blue red going i would rather try the game out on red dragon because i don't have the red blue 3d glasses. I can bring up a menu of sorts with "F1" but nothing to turn off the 3d effects.

Also Mcobit, Is there a tutorial somewhere that explains the basics of how you turned that file into something people enjoy and can use on the Pandora?

You need to edit the config file. The official Mednafen forums has the right lines somewhere.

You need to edit the config file. The official Mednafen forums has the right lines somewhere.

I used this page to change mine to no-3d red and black emulation. Find your mednafen config file, then do the following:

You can disable the anaglyph mode on mednafen-09x.cfg

Check this options

;3D mode.

vb.3dmode anaglyph

;Anaglyph preset colors.

vb.anaglyph.preset red_blue

;Anaglyph maximum-brightness color for left view.

vb.anaglyph.lcolor 0xffba00

;Anaglyph maximum-brightness color for right view.

vb.anaglyph.rcolor 0x00baff

;Disable parallax for BG and OBJ rendering.

vb.disable_parallax 0

to

vb.3dmode anaglyph

vb.anaglyph.preset disabled

vb.anaglyph.lcolor 0xff0000

vb.anaglyph.rcolor 0x000000

vb.disable_parallax 1

You'll obtain the tipical red vectors. If u want something like black and white, use the yellow_blue on anaglyph preset and disable parallax

The relevant part of the config file is way down near the bottom.

I have to say it is well worth picking up some cheap 3d glasses and playing some VIrtual Boy games on the TV. It's crazy good. Especially Teleroboxer!

Back