Refund required - Can it be made into a paypal account

kingoddball

Yes,

I have now had enough.

The Pandora is now completely outdated, unreleased and pointless.

The only thing this device had over my N900 was that it had host mode.. Now my N900 has host mode.

After this long with nothing.

I'm at the point where this has become a scam.

I would rather take a refund and buy another toy.. Anyone seen the Pandaboard? DUAL CORE 1ghz Omap 44xx. Pandora is now utterly obsolete.. (more so)

My request - Can a refund be made into my paypal account rather than back onto my credit card? I have been inconvenienced for over 1 year now - this request should not be an issue after all the time and sh*t we have all put up with.

I'm not meaning to be an agro jerk - it's just the way I am.

Yes,

I have now had enough.

The Pandora is now completely outdated, unreleased and pointless.

The only thing this device had over my N900 was that it had host mode.. Now my N900 has host mode.

After this long with nothing.

I'm at the point where this has become a scam.

I would rather take a refund and buy another toy.. Anyone seen the Pandaboard? DUAL CORE 1ghz Omap 44xx. Pandora is now utterly obsolete.. (more so)

My request - Can a refund be made into my paypal account rather than back onto my credit card? I have been inconvenienced for over 1 year now - this request should not be an issue after all the time and sh*t we have all put up with.

I'm not meaning to be an agro jerk - it's just the way I am.
If you haven't done so already, my suggestion would be to contact the company who you placed your order with, as I would imagine that this is more likely to get a firm answer than posting here on the forum.

I would suggest not swearing at them, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be sure to post when you receive your refund. I like to know the safety net exists.

Be sure to post when you receive your refund. I like to know the safety net exists.

I guess if people wouldn't receive refunds, there would've been a lot of complaints here.

I know it can take a while, since they have a huge backlog, but they will reply.

If you ordered from Craig, not sure PayPal is possible. Remember the problems we had with PayPal at the beginning? I think Craig closed his account and never worked with them again.

He uses google checkout.

I know it's weird, but I always hear the people complaining but never the fact that the problem has been resolved. I don't plan on asking for a refund, but I like to know it's there. Basically, when my family gives me a hard time about my not receiving my unit and their thoughts that it's a scam, I tell them I can always request a refund. It would be nice if the OP in one of these threads said (I doubt they would, but it would still be nice) "I said this was a scam, but when I asked for a refund, I received it. They were actually very accommodating."

I know it's weird, but I always hear the people complaining but never the fact that the problem has been resolved. I don't plan on asking for a refund, but I like to know it's there. Basically, when my family gives me a hard time about my not receiving my unit and their thoughts that it's a scam, I tell them I can always request a refund. It would be nice if the OP in one of these threads said (I doubt they would, but it would still be nice) "I said this was a scam, but when I asked for a refund, I received it. They were actually very accommodating."

Hmm, actually, I only remember one thread about it, and that was resolved (and I mentioned he got his refund).

Last edited:
Haha, thanks. I guess I just like resolution.

Hi

Haha, another one down, I am now another one closer :)

Well until someone can make a Pandaboard into a functional handheld gaming device in a convenient package and massed produced, I don't see how the Pandora is obsolete.

Just so we're clear:

The only thing Pandora had over the n900 was USB mode. Even though the n900 has no gaming controls, a smaller battery, and a smaller screen. And the Pandora is made obsolete by the PandaBoard, even though the PandaBoard has no gaming controls, no battery, no screen, and no case.

Last edited by a moderator:
aww sad to see oddball go! I remember when he joined the community around a year ago, he was so enthusiastic. I used to be that way too.

Oh well, someday we'll all either get pandoras or die. It's inevitable.

Just so we're clear:

The only thing Pandora had over the n900 was USB mode. Even though the n900 has no gaming controls, a smaller battery, and a smaller screen. And the Pandora is made obsolete by the PandaBoard, even though the PandaBoard has no gaming controls, no battery, no screen, and no case.

That's what I was thinking... Still nothing has appeared that matches Pandora's usability. I doubt anything ever will for me, since I don't care much about "power" - I wouldn't be emulating anything it can't already do (I don't even plan on playing n64 or PSX), and it's at that sweet spot of capability for homebrew games and on-the-go productivity.

Yes,

I have now had enough.
Nooooo! Sorry you lose you. You had some cool ideas. :(

Glad to hear you're getting on with the N900 but it is still no Pandora.

The Pandora hasn't got slower, it's just the world has got a little faster.

Not sure how I'm going to cope with the inevitable delays from the board company, but I will.

Back