Refund required - Can it be made into a paypal account

Maybe I'm just patient since I've had a Pandora (and am currently over 2 months waiting for a replacement), but it seems like you haven't really given a reason why you can't wait.

The n900 is a very good phone, it's a great phone even with a lot of functionality and power behind it. I have an n900 and I enjoy it for many daily things. Problems is though, it's totally not the same as a Pandora. I'm personally getting the pandora for the homebrew, for the applications, for listening music while typing up blog posts comfortably for 10+ hours (I aim to get a second battery as well). The pandora will be my travel buddy and provide entertainment and functionality beyond what the N900 can do. Or at least do comfortably!

I'm a big fan of the pandora keyboard, it's bigger, it's easy and once you get used to it, you can type really fast on it. The n900 is still smaller. That it has a keyboard, is great, but it's still a smaller one and it's never going to be as quick as a pandora.

And the fact that it's a strong device will never turn it into a homebrew game/software player, it won't run those emulators and those old games (apart from maybe a few). You'll never get the exact functionality out of it that you're getting out of a pandora.

And you're getting it from the pandora at a "FRACTION" of the cost:

N900 sale: over 450$ in most places.

Pandora sale: 350$

You're still getting more bang for your buck. Wait another year and I'd agree. But that is the rough patch the Pandora is in right now. Once people have it(hopefully this year still, perhaps beginning next year) the software growth it will go through at the hands of independant developers, will keep it alive for a lot lot longer.

So think about it, do you really want to throw away your chance at getting this beauty :) ?

the only way im getting my refund is if i have to pry it from OPT's cold dead hands

I'm still enthusiastic. Whenever I have a downer I just have to watch a video, read the specs, imagine what I'll do with the unit and I'm like

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pFlcqWQVVuU?feature=oembed
I swear the Pandora is making me bipolar. One minute I'm down the next I'm up

I can't really must much excitement at the moment but it's going to be so amazingly fantastic when it gets here. :p

7,755,057 views. Can't help thinking it would only have been 7,755,056 if you had not suckered me into clicking. :D

<great post...>
..but what we all really want to know is... Are you related to EvilDragon?

the only way im getting my refund is if i have to pry it from OPT's cold dead hands
WARNING to all OPT members. Do not let DaMummy visit your house. But if you do, then hide all sharp pointy objects. :p

((odds are I've misinterpreted DaMummy's motives))

Yay moved up another spot closer to my Pandora! Boo someone leaving who was very active and enthousiastic on the old board!

I checked out the pandoraboard thingy and it looks good if you just want to code and nerd around on your desk but for the reasons mentioned earlier it's not really competition to the open-Pandora. As the open-Pandora is no competition to the pandoraboard.

If you're in the first batch leaving now because your pissed off is madness. You'll probably get your refund later then you will get your device if you hang in there for the last hurdle. Just saying..

There's a Dutch joke about a Belgium guy (we kid that they are dumb, they're on to us about us being stingy) swimming over the channel. A friend of his goes with him in a rowing boat.

So they leave and he swims all day and all night, his friend is passing him powerbars, bananas, beverages etc etc. Another day and night passes and on the third day they see the white cliffs of Dover ahead of themm.

Suddenly he turns around and starts swimming back. His friend quickly turns around the rowing boat and paddles next to him. "Dude you're going the wrong way! What's up?" So our swimming Belgium friend replies "I can't make it, I'm going back"

..but what we all really want to know is... Are you related to EvilDragon?

Not in any way, apart from the fact that the country I'm living in (The Netherlands) is right next to his, Germany : O

But yeah, PANDORA *FLAILS*, I can't wait.

Not in any way, apart from the fact that the country I'm living in (The Netherlands) is right next to his, Germany : O

But yeah, PANDORA *FLAILS*, I can't wait.
vraag jouw moeder! :p

sorry ik weet niet van *FAILS*.

Belgians! We have the Irish. The Americans have he polish. I wonder who the Belgians, Irish and Polish have? Each other I guess. :p

An English man, Scotsman and an Irish man working high up on the a building site. Every day they had the same sandwiches.

One day the English man said, Ahhh! Cheese and pickle! I hate Cheese and Pickle. If I have these tomorrow then I'm going to jump off.

The Scots man said, Ahhh! Haggis and Tatties! I hate Haggis and Tatties. If I have these tomorrow then I'm going to jump off.

The Irish man said, Ahhh! spam! I hate spam. If I have these tomorrow then I'm going to jump off.

The next day they opening their lunch boxes and the English man said, Ahhh! Cheese and pickle! and jumped off.

The Scots man said, Ahhh! Haggis and Tatties! and jumped off.

The Irish man said, Ahhh! spam! and jumped off.

At the funeral the wives started to speak to each other the English woman said, If only I'd known I'm have made him something different.

The Scots woman said, Ach! If only I'd known I'm have made him something different.

and the Irish woman said, Aw! The stupid bugger packed himself up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would actually like to try to get a Pandaboard to work with the Pandora's nubs. I'll soon have 2 Pandora's. Perhaps I'll try it with the spare :p

I don’t think there is a hand held device that has the flexibility in applications, the usability in design the Pandora has. Even if there were a competitor, it would be some huge corporation charging a ridiculous price. The N900 is kind of like a happy meal and the Pandora is kind of like barbequed oysters on the beach with beer, pure rocket fuel. Have some patience the Pandora will get you laid.

Or, with the right attachments, the pandora could lay you

I wonder who the Belgians, Irish and Polish have? Each other I guess. :p

Here in Poland we have quite numerous collection of jokes where Polish, German and Russian perform some task or compete. And naturally Polish is always the smartest among them. I guess It's easiest to laugh at neighbors.

I'm not meaning to be an agro jerk - it's just the way I am.

Oh but you are meaning to be an "agro jerk" A pity really, as I thought better of you. Enjoy your n900 and when you bin it remember the rest of us still happily using our Pandoras for the myriad applications that it excels at.

ToaD

i think thats his real problem, must of us AREN'T using a pandora....fortunately many of us are willing to wait....and wait...........and wait :{

Me too, those recent ED vis per day have rekindled the desire, they are wizzo indeed. It does everything i need it to, no compromise of physical controls, it's a clamshell too.

Keep up the good work ED and Team.

i have also asked OPteam for a refund, not because i have grown tired of waiting or does not want a pandora anymore... i asked for a refund because i really need the money for something important (my studies)... I will buy the pandora again when i have the money next year, and maybe 2, which will go to my lovely sister... i just need the money badly asap. I have email'd miss jacqueline about it last night...(midnite GMT +8) and have not yet received a reply... i really hope to get the money as soon as possible... :(

ps

my queue position is about at 700-800 2nd batch... so everybody that is behind me, congratulations! you got one down! haha! :p

February 2011, that will be 2 years of waiting and my final deadline.

Yes,

I have now had enough.

The Pandora is now completely outdated, unreleased and pointless.

The only thing this device had over my N900 was that it had host mode.. Now my N900 has host mode.

After this long with nothing.

I'm at the point where this has become a scam.

I would rather take a refund and buy another toy.. Anyone seen the Pandaboard? DUAL CORE 1ghz Omap 44xx. Pandora is now utterly obsolete.. (more so)

My request - Can a refund be made into my paypal account rather than back onto my credit card? I have been inconvenienced for over 1 year now - this request should not be an issue after all the time and sh*t we have all put up with.

I'm not meaning to be an agro jerk - it's just the way I am.

Go whine to OPT directly instead of boring us with your provoking bull....

Back