[Release] Compo4all MAME - ladder/scoreboard competition for classic arcade games :)

My first Gold. I'm so proud :lol:

gng-get.png

I WILL DEFEND MY THRONE!!!!!

Damn, I just put that score up before bed last night^

I've been trying to get this top spot for the last week, and then once I do, it's beat within hours.

Oh, it's ON! ;)

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy it while it lasts. I will not rest idly and let this game of thrones defeat me!

Is Milkshake's top Street Fighter 2 score legit? Compared to the others (including his own), it seems a little "out"

Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry! :)
Well played my friend, well played!

Damn, you set the bar pretty high(I was actually shooting for 100,000 myself), but I think it's still in reach. Keep an eye over your shoulder.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Milkshake's top Street Fighter 2 score legit? Compared to the others (including his own), it seems a little "out"
SF2 is a game where you can keep continuing, anf the score keeps going up; have to add a quarter-limiter for that one (and KoD).

jeff

I love street fighter 2 we need an online multilayer version so we can battle to the death with pandora owners

I love street fighter 2 we need an online multilayer version so we can battle to the death with pandora owners
Did you ever try GGPO? Unfortunately, it uses Adobe's AIR, but it shows that it's possible :)

On the topic of uber high scores,

Is chompjil new score on DK legit (unless I'm mistaken it is higher than the world record)

Not accusing......just asking

CJ

It is too easy to send any hiscore you want right now.

So you have to rely on the honor of the participants.

There is also the possibility that someone gets a really high score, and the handler for that high isn't quite right (ie: the mad-high scores dont' really get tested much, of course :)

Maybe he remembers what score he actually got? Someone ask him, and then I can dumpster dive the .hi files, see if I can figure out what occurred.

But yes, someone oculd cheat relatively easily, but I don't think we've had any of that yet.

jeff

Server now supports basic scoring 'units', so can tell the frontends to show 'seconds' or 'points' or 'stars' or whatever. I'll try to keep some semblence of consistency so the frontends can, if they wish, down the road do some creative business (such as turning 123 seconds into '2mins, 3secs' if they want to, or other business. Think, turning coins into gold, silver, bronze, on some rule-set, etc.) To be expanded down the road, but at least Microbes can say '35 stars' now, like it wants to.

http://skeezix.wallednetworks.com:13001/scoreboard_1/microbes/

The actual c4a website, will be whenever Milkshake gets a moment :)

jeff

Back