Reordering Decision

Since Pandora team is willing to discount the bank fee from the Pandora price - are you going to pay

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no - because CC provides transaction insurance

• no - in fact I would like to, but I can't due to my bank account limitations

• Not applicable (e.g. cancelled order)

• I already paid, I don't care that my fee wasn't discounted and I want Craig's signature on my case!

• I already paid, and I want my discount back.

• Total voters

cosurgi

http://janek.kozicki.pl/
Website
janek.kozicki.pl
With this poll I'm trying to help Pandora team to gauge people's feeling. I hope that this will help them in planning their next step.

The 'not serious' options are to lighten the mood, and are not conflicting with serious poll options :lol:

EDIT:
- I hope that I didn't miss any important option
- Craig promised to check USA/Canada/Spain accounts
- and also he doesn't mind signing the cases

i am just waiting for the credit card order page. not only is it more secure then bank transfers, faster, doesn't raise 'terrorism flags', it also means that i minimize my chances of losing money since the credit card re-order page will be up as close to the ship time as possible. if i do a bank transfer now, i will risk being out of a large hunk of money if something sinks the ss pandora before shipping the units.

I answered I'll reorder, and by bank transfer. I don't even care if I get the discount. This device is my ONLY OPTION to satisfy all of my wants and needs for a handheld. There just is not another choice available. Not to say: "If there was, I'd just jump ship"- I've made some commitments (POND) to the community to go forward with and I owned and loved my GP2X for a while. I was a user with my GP2X- with the Pandora I want to move up to developer. I plan to deliver.

Normally one would say: "This is silly". You've made you poll somewhat silly, but when it comes to payment methods, things become a little more serious. Not everyone has an option to pay at this point, which is a huge problem for the whole project. Some people have /never/ attempted a bank transfer in their life, and many people barely feel safe with their credit cards when ordering online.

I really hope there is a quick resolution to the credit card orders, as this could put a bottleneck on future batches otherwise.

I paid via bank transfer before my refund cleared. I want that damn device and I'll pay whatever the hell I have to to get it. My bank is awesome though and did refund the int'l transfer fee. I also want a spare case and second (blank) keyboard mat. I will also do my damnedest to get another one for this batch and one of the earliest orders in the second batch as well.

If I don't reorder, I'm out approximately $47. This seems to be about the cost of a bank transfer for most people, so I would probably not lose much money, if any, beyond that if I re-order.

Unfortunately, I'm not at all sure that my bank (and/or my account status - I have a "student" account) allows international transfers at all. At the very least, the bank website seems to suggest that this is the case. I'll be going down there tomorrow to talk to them, but I may have no option but to eat the $47 and take my chances with the second batch, if it ever materializes.

Unless I can find someone in the UK that is willing to do the transfer if I Paypal him/her the money. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who lives in the UK that I would be willing to trust with $400 or so...

to pay locally to USA/Canada/Spain accounts

im pretty sure this was ruled out, as they all want 40% of no CC orders[or vice versa], and so that wont fix much problems

emcp said:
to pay locally to USA/Canada/Spain accounts
im pretty sure this was ruled out, as they all want 40% of no CC orders[or vice versa], and so that wont fix much problems
It means to pay locally via bank transfer. And 'locally' means to the bank in the country nearest to your country which ensures the lowest transaction fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing option: no, I don't use internet banking.

I'm happy to pay a surcharge for using my CC, but a bank transfer is just hassle for me.

Still thinking about it. My gut tells me I'd be safe doing a bank transfer, but I'm the type of person who pretty much never listens to what my gut tells me. I trust Craig and the rest of the Pandora crew, I'm just hesitant about losing my money if something unforseeable and uncontrollable happens (which has clearly happened more than once during this project).

That being said, the option transfer to a US bank and videos of a completed Pandora would go a long way in convincing me.

I really don't mind paying the extra fees that comes with the bank transfer ($45 for international wire transfer + $15 for handling + whatever costs the UK bank incurs on me). However, now that I look at it, it will cost me just as much to order from batch 2..... hmm.... decisions, decisions... But I will definitely pay by bank transfer if craig opens an account in the states and/or signs the case!

Hi.

Just waiting for craigs post before I decide if my bank transfer will go through my bank (the fee is only slightly higher than the currency exchange fee on my cc) or if craig has got some other cheaper options (they need to be worldwide though, not US only based).

I might have gone with a bank transfer but now it's sounding like something more complicated than it needs to be. Long story-short, I simply dont know enough to be able to make a decision.

The only thing I can do is wait for Craig to make a decision on how to offer him payment. I want my Pand, but I'm not going to take a risky gamble that hasnt been clearly explained to me yet.

For me, I'm still more than happy to reorder and I'm flexible on the method as long as that method is protected and bank transfer just doesn't offer that so that's out for me.

I'm going to wait and see.

Craigix has indicated that there will soon be a howto for the bank transfers. I'll see what that option entails before making a decision.

Funny thing, I cancelled my order end of November, then I just uncancelled it yesterday and paid via Xoom. I used a credit card to fund the money transfer though, hoping it doesn't cause any problems for them.

Brockway said:
Funny thing, I cancelled my order end of November, then I just uncancelled it yesterday and paid via Xoom. I used a credit card to fund the money transfer though, hoping it doesn't cause any problems for them.
That Xoom site looks like the absolute business. With CC security at one end and a bank deposit at the other, it's the best of both worlds and could see this whole situation fixed quickly.

I'd really like to hear from Craig on this (paging Chip!). If he gives it the thumbs up we should all be shouting Xoom from the rooftops.

For those who came in late: https://www.xoom.com/sendmoneynow/home

Having given the site a good once over, this looks like it might be a good option. Direct bank transfer fees from the US are only $5 and CC transfer fees are $15, which is less than half what most banks charge.

I should note (actually, I think somebody else already did) that they do play a bit fast and loose with conversion rate, so to make sure 200GBP shows up on the other end you end up paying a bit more than you would using a service that works off a more accurate rate. Still, this shows promise.

It seems that a few people have already gone ahead and paid using Xoom. If everything works out ok on our end, then this might be a good option for others. I would hold off for now though, until we get the all clear from Craig. I wouldn't want there to be some weird issue and have to refund everybody again. Remember, there's still the possibility that if 1000 people all send money via this service to the same bank all at once, they could panic like the bank and Paypal did and hold the money for "investigations".

Gruso said:
That Xoom site looks like the absolute business. With CC security at one end and a bank deposit at the other, it's the best of both worlds and could see this whole situation fixed quickly.

You could be right, but I doubt there is any "CC security" - my understanding of these services is that it is like withdrawing cash from your card and sending it. I could be totally wrong here.

Let's assume it takes him 10 seconds to approach each box, pick up a pen and also write his signature.

with 4000 to sign it's going to take craig just over 11 hours!!!!

I vote for the Xoom serivce. Get the balls rolling etc :)

Back