Preparing for Germany (2011-08-26)

About a minimum preorder amount... hmm... maybe something low like 5 -10 EUR would be a good idea, to sort out orders that really are interested in it or not.

Absolutely essential. It'll really prove interest levels without too much of a financial commitment and reserve them a place in the "queue" (there's always going to be a queue). It would be best to hold these funds in limbo to facilitate prompt refunds if necessary, and obviously the pre-order amount would be subtracted from the final price when their Pandora becomes available.

I will check if something like this is easily possible for a company without breaking the laws.

The business plan is already pretty well thought and as soon as I got the money from the investors we should see a stable delivery of units 3 - 4 months later.
Do you actually have some investors at hand by now? I mean not just wishfull thinking, but actually some people that maybe already said that they are interested, and that you will send the business plan to?

(not asking for details, just a simple "yes" or "no" is fine ^_^ )

Last edited by a moderator:
The business plan is already pretty well thought and as soon as I got the money from the investors we should see a stable delivery of units 3 - 4 months later.
Do you actually have some investors at hand by now? I mean not just wishfull thinking, but actually some people that maybe already said that they are interested, and that you will send the business plan to?

(not asking for details, just a simple "yes" or "no" is fine ^_^ )

Yes, about 10 - 15 :)

And it might be a lot more soon. My tax counsellor (who also wants to invest :D ) calculated everything and now investments from 2000 EUR and higher make sense.

So everyone who got at least 2000 EUR spare can help :)

ED,

I like that # of 2000 alot more than 10000. Just wary of another "bank" robbery, volcanic activity, or anything else that is yet to happen.

Any E.T.A. for the business plan?

Finished, just need to translate it to English :)

The contracts for investors are also being written right now, a lot of things have happened, really time for a new blog post tonight :D

The contracts for investors are also being written right now, a lot of things have happened, really time for a new blog post tonight :D
Contracts, excellent! I love contracts. Signed accountability makes me very happy.

Make sure you make the price clear in a certain currency, in case exchange rates change a significant amount.

Oh wow ... that really sounds good. I admit I got a bit nervous after Craigs latest attempt to raise money ...

2000 Euros, huh? ... hm, I will have to think about this seriously. I guess I could afford that much, but I feel I know too little about the rights, duties and risks involved (ok, risk: might loose all of the invested money :p ) ... but maybe you can go a bit into details what it actually means to become an investor in your news-post tonight?

Oh wow ... that really sounds good. I admit I got a bit nervous after Craigs latest attempt to raise money ...

2000 Euros, huh? ... hm, I will have to think about this seriously. I guess I could afford that much, but I feel I know too little about the rights, duties and risks involved (ok, risk: might loose all of the invested money :p ) ... but maybe you can go a bit into details what it actually means to become an investor in your news-post tonight?

Yes. Well, with 2000 EUR, you own a part of my company and will get a share of the winnings (about 10%, AFAIR).

The better the Pandora sells, the more money you will make from that.

Risk is lose all the invested money, sure ;)

But after first 4000 Pandoras, the invested money already is back in my company, so you could pull out your money without any issues later if you want.

However, if Pandora works out, I'll sure want to have an upgrade to the new SoC at some time and maybe a Pandora 2. As long as you keep your investment in my company, you will get a share from those as well.

I'll sure want to have an upgrade to the new SoC at some time and maybe a Pandora 2.

It's bad luck to mention upgrades or the Pandora 2 on the forums!

If I had the cash, I'd invest as a show of support and desire to see the Pandora blossom and ultimately the Pandora 2. I'll certainly be first in line to get a Pandora 2 when the pre-orders start. But that's a long way off. Cashless as I am, I'll just continue to contribute where and how I can.

But thanks, in advance, to all investors! You're helping a geek's dream come true.

That sounds great, I hope you and the project the best of luck from this point on. The Pandora is a great device and I am sure it will sell well as long as you can get it out there.

Yes. Well, with 2000 EUR, you own a part of my company and will get a share of the winnings (about 10%, AFAIR).
Do you mean each person that invests €2000 gets a 10% share or a proportion of that 10%?

and when you say winnings you mean profits?

Do you mean each person that invests €2000 gets a 10% share or a proportion of that 10%?

and when you say winnings you mean profits?

Profits, yeah ;)

It's a current calculation, based on realistic expectations (no "we will sell millions of Pandoras" ;) ))

10% of the money you invested per year, based on the idea that the Pandora will make 200.000 EUR profit per year (which is possible).

If the profit is less, you would get less, if the profit is higher, you will get more.

But 10% of your money invested is a pretty realistic value. So if you put 20.000 EUR into the Pandora, you could turn that into a profit of 2000 EUR in a year and also help to continue Pandora production.

Out of interest... lets say you get lots of people wanting to invest 2000 EUR... and each gets a share of your company... how many pieces of the pie can this be realistically be divided into?

- Neelix

Out of interest... lets say you get lots of people wanting to invest 2000 EUR... and each gets a share of your company... how many pieces of the pie can this be realistically be divided into?

- Neelix

It could be divided up to 700K EUR investments - but I don't want that much.

I'm planning to get about 350K - 400K maximum.

So if you use that with 2K investments, the maximum pieces of the pie would be 200.

Back