Request For Pandora Console For Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
...are you minkster[?]

No sir. Just another fan of the Italian Spiderman series :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, cool. Italian spiderman is AWESOME! Everybody needs to watch it. You have one of the best .gif avatars I have seen, wish I had thought of it.

I commonly get the products I review for free or at little cost to myself. This is because the quality of my reviews, the traffic they bring in and the fact that I get to know the developers before hand. This initial message was to see if I would be contacted and have so far not been. I have no problem purchasing one for review, but this would take a while as I am disabled and can't work and live off of a very limited income. I know cry me a river :) I'll get one however, soon or later. They look kickass.

Yeah, BenHeck? I think I've heard of that place before... :lol:

Either way, this sounds like a load of crap to me; even if it is for a legitimate review, reviews are for consoles that people don't know much about initially. I don't think that'll be a problem for Pandora upon release.

Don't forget that it's still pointless to send anyone a review unit until there is actually something more to review than a PCB + LCD. This might be why no one has contacted you yet.

brakken said:
I commonly get the products I review for free or at little cost to myself. This is because the quality of my reviews, the traffic they bring in and the fact that I get to know the developers before hand. This initial message was to see if I would be contacted and have so far not been. I have no problem purchasing one for review, but this would take a while as I am disabled and can't work and live off of a very limited income. I know cry me a river :) I'll get one however, soon or later. They look kickass.
If you're legit, why pulicly announce what appears to be a begging request. If you were a true professional you would have researched who was in charge of the project, and contacted them directly, not posted in a public forum IMHO

I think this is something that would be expected of a big company, not necessarily one that is just starting out and initially only manufacturing 3000 units. Each review copy cuts down on the number of people who will be preordering them

Bloody hell... stop the Brakken bashfest >_>
Brakken runs tehskeen... it may not be your cup of tea, but it is one of the better scene sites. theskeen encourages proper news sourcing and proper source distribution.

Everyone makes mistakes and yeah this request should have been a pm/email and not a thread.

Regardless valid points are:
It's not ready yet.
Don't take away my potential Pandora ;)

I disagree that reviews aren't needed. For example, the sensible part of my brain is telling me to wait for confirmation that the machine feels as good to use as it's supposed to be - you can't tell that sort of thing from pictures and specifications, it needs to be in people's hands.

I agree. While this is a VERY community focused product, the crew is still trying to make some money here! Consider that they spent much on the pandora, so they want that back, plus some extras. I know that you guys like the idea of being elitist assholes once you own your pandora, but we need sales, damn it!

That being said, I do agree that it's a little too early for reviews, and that brakken should have contacted the crew privately.

I do get this little feeling that when the Pandora is released, and if it's as good as we all expect it to be, it's going to blossom like wild fire! I don't think sales are going to be a problem.

Lets face it, it's quite a unique product!

After I've shoved mine in the faces of all my geeky pals, I'm sure sales will blossom :D

But yeah, the first 3000 should be reserved for pre-orders, maybe 1 or 2 units should goto the main steam sites, and then maybe another few out of the second batch to lesser known *underground* reviewers. But like the GP* products, Viral marketting is whats going to sell the majority of units.

Considering Engadget is going to be all over the Pandora when it comes out, I don't think there is a need for review units from the first few batches. Maybe after the initial hype dies down, but like yodaofborg said, Viral Marketing is going to drive sales. Viral Marketing today is much more powerful today then it was even a year or 2 ago.

How much is there really to review right now? Not much software competed, the official startup menu's not even done yet. If it's gonna get reviewed, shouldn't we wait till we have a variety of emulators ported?

Last post: (before yours) Aug 2 2008, 05:48 AM

One word: Etiquette. look it up, it can be used to prevent people like me from getting arsey.

bazt said:
Last post: (before yours) Aug 2 2008, 05:48 AM

One word: Etiquette. look it up, it can be used to prevent people like me from getting arsey.
sorry, saw topic somewhere close to top and didn't think to look and see when last post was until you mentioned it. My bad...

Edit: it was like 3rd down so I assumed it was recent.

Ryzure said:
What the hell would Ben Heck do with it? Make it MORE portable?

Maybe he'd turn it into a full sized desktop computer. :rolleyes:

maybe he would fuck up a console, post it online, get his fanboys to suck his dick, and then get praise from all the tech blogs?

PoisonedV said:
Bla bla bla

I've warned you more times than I can count about being civil, and I've banned you twice for failing to listen to those warnings. So you decide to respond to a three month old post with a completely unjustified personal attack? I can only conclude that you want to get banned.

It's five days this time. Next time it will be a month.

I'm locking this thread. It shouldn't have been resurrected, and now that it has, it's just causing problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back