Retrovirus Rts Now Available

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
A while ago Luke Miller released a demo version of his Realtime-Strategy Game Retrovirus RTS

* 22 levels
* 3 campaigns
* Prerendered 3D graphics
* Real-time strategy
* Advanced AI
* Special medal system to unlock extra features

rtsshot.jpg

Story
A routine shuttle mission by the International Space Agency has encountered catastrophe!
After an emergency landing, the three astronauts, Gustav Beyer, Theodore Hansen and Captain Margaret Jane Irwin, have been found unconscious and near death. An infection, an alien infection, has taken over their bodies.
Only you, with your experimental Cellular Modification Medical Unit (CMMU), can defeat the infection and save the astronauts!

Gameplay
The aim of the game is to defeat the evil alien virus and its army of infected cells.
Gameplay revolves around harvesting protein, which can then be used to upgrade cells, evolve cells into new types of cells, or to split cells into two new cells.
Units vary in abilities, strengths and speed.
The interface and game structure have been specially designed to make best use of the unique controls available on a portable gaming unit like the gp2x.
The AI is hardworking, reactive and aggressive - designed to challenge the most dedicated gameplayer!
The game has a high replayability factor - once a level is unlocked, players can replay the level, and a special medal system rewards expert players with special bonuses.
So take control of your small group of uninfected cells and take on armies of infected cells through 22 levels of battling mayhem.

If you want to try the demo, you can download it here.

The Full Version can be bought and downloaded here for 12 Euro.

More Information about the game is available at the official homepage

Wow the game looks nice (playing the demo) cant wait to buy it! (good job btw)

cowai posted on Dec 12 2006 at 01:50 PM said:
For me it doesn't work. Just flashing back to gmenu.

Did you install it in the root of your sd card?

Last edited by a moderator:
k3nn posted on Dec 13 2006 at 02:45 AM said:
cowai posted on Dec 12 2006 at 01:50 PM said:
For me it doesn't work. Just flashing back to gmenu.

Did you install it in the root of your sd card?

The full version can be copied anywhere on the SD card (a last minute addition), however the demo needs to be installed on the root.

Really, though, I don't want any games on the ROOT of my SD card, unless the card only has that one game on it, which isn't an overly likely occurance. I like my SD nice and tidy. I don't really care whether there is some sort of a library used that forces you to put it on the root, I don't want it there. "You can just write a SCRIPT, stupid!" Well, how about if I don't want to write scripts to make games I've paid for work properly? AND I can't stand scripts. I have to look them up every time, and every time, there's something that doesn't work.

Magnulus posted on Dec 13 2006 at 04:55 PM said:
Really, though, I don't want any games on the ROOT of my SD card, unless the card only has that one game on it, which isn't an overly likely occurance. I like my SD nice and tidy. I don't really care whether there is some sort of a library used that forces you to put it on the root, I don't want it there. "You can just write a SCRIPT, stupid!" Well, how about if I don't want to write scripts to make games I've paid for work properly? AND I can't stand scripts. I have to look them up every time, and every time, there's something that doesn't work.

I agree, so with the new release of the full game I tried to make sure you can put the game in any folder. It was a very last minute addition - probably the last thing I did if I recall correctly.

If I knew all the bugs were ironed out I'd pay like $10 for it.,

edit: Hmm... 12 euro is only $16, I might just buy it anyway if I find I'm still interested after beating the demo.

Hi,
I have actually paid for this game, as I'm into RTS and wanted to support this.

Unfortunately, I've found a small bug. My problem is that on the "Thanks" screen when you exit, I can't read my name or the login code for the "extras" bit of the website. They're either corrupted, or covered by other text, I can't really tell which. Also, it doesn't stay put for long enough, especially since I'm having trouble decyphering it - can't it stay until a button is pressed, or be accessed through a menu?

Is there any chance of this being fixed with a patch, or can I get the code of one of the files in the game's subdirectory?

Thanks,
Alyn.

PS, good call making it a download rather than making me carry another SD card around.

Thanks for your bug report Alyn,

The splash screen at the end of the game when you exit is supposed to stay up for 10 seconds, unless you press a key. The demo uses the same code (but different splash screen). I will definitely look at this!

Luke

sparkey posted on Dec 14 2006 at 04:05 AM said:
Hi,
I have actually paid for this game, as I'm into RTS and wanted to support this.

Unfortunately, I've found a small bug. My problem is that on the "Thanks" screen when you exit, I can't read my name or the login code for the "extras" bit of the website. They're either corrupted, or covered by other text, I can't really tell which. Also, it doesn't stay put for long enough, especially since I'm having trouble decyphering it - can't it stay until a button is pressed, or be accessed through a menu?

Is there any chance of this being fixed with a patch, or can I get the code of one of the files in the game's subdirectory?

Thanks,
Alyn.

PS, good call making it a download rather than making me carry another SD card around.

This looks really interesting. Unfortunately I cant test it out now since everywhere i turn are boxes

boxes...everywhere....going....CRAZY

(just moved so im busy :p)

Will try eventually, though :huh:

Back