Rotating random stuff

I can't be the only one disappointed there's no geeky picture to stuff in the RAM to show the rotation chip sort of working. We need a thread so someone can design a geeky Pyra landscape picture, now damnit!

The IE 6 comparison was stupid, I somehow have it in mind when stuff turns out "non standard". :D

Industy isn't plugging together already finished developped devices via USB :)
But it should be! ;)

Well, I'm pretty sure at the end the rotator chip will pay off all the hard work and the pyra will have an "independent" LCD that can turn the image under every software without losing CPU power. Not many mobile devices have that I guess.

The IE 6 comparison was stupid, I somehow have it in mind when stuff turns out "non standard". :D

But it should be! ;)
Well, how should that work?

Defining fixed standards takes away any flexibility.

You also can't just take a Porsche Motor and put it into a Mitsubishi.

Great work here Team Pyra*! Hope the next time we can see the Pyra logo on the screen :D .

*EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:
great update. Hopefully the power issues get fixed and no major issues are in the PCB anymore (we can hope).

How many people besides ED, Nikolaus, Notaz, Solomon Tech Team are working on the Pyra hardware?

Will the battery fit the pandora also?

You guys are amazing. Anytime there is a problem, you guys figure out a solution right away. I am really excited about the Pyra, in the meantime I will still be enjoying my Pandora!

In addition to what tedades asked, will it be usable/chargeable in the Pandora, and if so will they be made available before the Pyra launch.  I don't need one, but I probably want one.

In addition to what tedades asked, will it be usable/chargeable in the Pandora, and if so will they be made available before the Pyra launch.  I don't need one, but I probably want one.
It's bigger and thicker. It could fit the Pandora if you modify and print your case, but you also would need to create new calibration data and flash it to the battery chip.

It's bigger and thicker. It could fit the Pandora if you modify and print your case, but you also would need to create new calibration data and flash it to the battery chip.
Thanks.  Will the Pandora battery not be a simple drop in option (other than adding a bunch of padding) for use in the Pyra for those of us with extras?

That's something hns needs to answer, as I don't know how the charger hardware works.

But it should be! ;)
What you're saying is akin to "Every software should be in Java bytecode so it would work on all platforms and we could do away with this pesky compiling per platform" :)
AFAIK it's about the balance of optimization and compatibility. Generally on low-level stuff you want to lean heavily on the optimization side, and at the "regular joe" end to the compatibility.

"Saying Java is great because it works on all platforms is like saying anal sex is great because it works on all genders" :D

Back