Rpg Recommendations

It does work, i think you play it a bit on a pc emu and make a save state a bit into the game. Then load that state on you gp32. but im not sure which pc emu uses the same states as osnes... :)

Soleil (Megadrive) Plays great 100% with sound in DR.MD. It's great.
Yes brilliant game, first RPG I ever played. I finished it but it was so long ago that I can't remember the answers to any of the questions people have asked apart from the money one (ie. cut all of the grass down in the rafflesia training ground... repeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phantasy Star IV. (DrMD .. full speed & full sound!)

I'm playing it (again) now ... it absolutely rocks.

(I couldn't afford this game when it first came out ... it was $99 blink.gif )
You mean you got it to work?! :eek: Whenever I try to run it on my GP, it runs perfectly at first then after a random period of time I get a black screen & I can't do anything. Has anybody else gotten it to work?

Now then... there is a full translation for the 1st Shining Force Game Gear game (don't know about the 3rd). I reccommend it, but use SMS32 (it's the faster & more stable emulator). Same goes for Phantasy Star 1 -- use SMS32 because if you use fSMS it slows down & speeds up randomly!

One Game Gear game that I really reccommend (it sucked me right in!) is Defenders of Oasis. Really, really good. :)

For the Genesis, if you're into "Might and Magic" style games (not really an RPG I know) you may want to try King's Bounty. The graphics look like the Master System, but the game play's awesome.

Also, Pokemon Crystal, Dragon Warrior 1&2, Dragon Warrior 3 (all for gameboy color) are all very good.

okay, i just interrupt for the money question in soleil...

i chopped nearly every grass. there is nothing in it. i can imagine that it is supposed like in zelda, but as i said, i tried for nearly 20 minutes. just cutting down grass. - nothing!

For Soleil, Are you in the Training Grounds? I haven't found money anywhere but here (well, also at the beach), Leave the town and go to the training ground, there you will find 2 switches, one with spikes and one with 6 coins, the coins are on the right.

I keep on forgeting to save soliel and have killed that damned rat about 12 times now.

PS Try Pokemon Crystal it does have the best story line and a very large map (both areas) and Story of thor is also very good.
Shame FF7 doesn't work on gp32. And Alundra is another psx good one

I'm wondering, that guy who ported FPSE to GP got some 0.5fps of it, playing Ridge Racer... Would something like Suikoden, or indeed Alundra, work faster, not requiring the 3D computing power of PSX?

For Soleil, Are you in the Training Grounds? I haven't found money anywhere but here (well, also at the beach), Leave the town and go to the training ground, there you will find 2 switches, one with spikes and one with 6 coins, the coins are on the right.

I keep on forgeting to save soliel and have killed that damned rat about 12 times now.

PS Try Pokemon Crystal it does have the best story line and a very large map (both areas) and Story of thor is also very good.
Shame FF7 doesn't work on gp32. And Alundra is another psx good one
I'll add to this by saying that there is lots of money around where the Bronze Medal (?) can be got in the Rafflesia Training ground so you can keep going there over and over again (the money is always in the same places).

damn, that sucks.

But Shining Force 2: The Sword of Haija (The only one in english) is still awesome

Yeah i've got the translated verion of that dbz rpg...
My mate who from being young was an avid DragonBall Z fan loves it. Any good without the fan factor?

the psx emu rean at about 1fps on geepee32, so sould run about 3-5fps on real hardware

MWAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAH!

What? There's a psx emu for the gp32? I heard of it but thought it was a fake, or video or something but the real thing.

Oh and you couldn't run alundra as the file sizeis 279mb. How big is rigde racer to be put onto an smc.

bloody hell that was fast goity

Phantasy Star IV. (DrMD .. full speed & full sound!)

I'm playing it (again) now ... it absolutely rocks.

(I couldn't afford this game when it first came out ... it was $99 blink.gif )
You mean you got it to work?! :eek: Whenever I try to run it on my GP, it runs perfectly at first then after a random period of time I get a black screen & I can't do anything. Has anybody else gotten it to work?

Yes, PS4 works perfectly for me. Either you have a bad ROM or maybe your GP32 is unstable when OC'ed. Or maybe your batteries are low. Etc.

Soleil is pretty sweet Genesis RPG... well action RPG, very zelda-like.

Odd how I never heard of this gem before!

Back