Saturn Emulator

blues2 said:
Exophase said:
Although Daedalus did start on x86 many years before the PSP release it's certainly not what I would consider a port. It was really redesigned from the ground up for PSP. If someone put that level of effort into a Wiz version it might run as well. FPU emulation performance would be bad, but Ari64 indicates that N64 games don't usually contain that many FPU operations. The memory subsystem is slow, but it's slow on PSP as well. One massive advantage Daedalus has over the Pandora build of Mupen64plus is that it has really direct and efficient access to the GPU. On Pandora OpenGL ES 2 really gets in the way when you do texture uploads and state changes, and requires complex shaders to emulate N64's combiners. Wiz actually has pretty good combiner capability that can do some of the typical N64 stuff, but I doubt it's exposed to OpenGL ES. To get best results an N64 emulator would probably have to access the GPU hardware directly and while it can probably be pulled off with enough work (since the documentation is out there) it's no small task.

But it'd be pretty cool if someone tried very hard at this. Using Mupen64plus's recompiler is a given.

so now you think n64 is possible on wiz and caanoo? does ari64 think it's possible?

if the psx emulator cannot run at full speed on this handheld,n64 would be a fail.this is beacause its a more powerful console than both saturn and psx.a tricky console to emulate. so definitely no! but a pandora runs it at perfection. check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPYDDFwyG0U

Last edited by a moderator:
Ulexes said:
So I have some fond memories of the saturn, and I unfortunately am no programmer... So does anyone knwo of an emulator for the caanoo or knwo of someone who might eb making one?>

If anyone is interested in developing one, i would happily contribute Graphics, as that is where my expertise really is.

=peace=

according to my information , developers gave up on saturn emulators for wiz and caanoo, due to unsufficient hardware.folks these emulations need powerful handhelds to handle it.i am talking more like pandora.

I don't know where you got your information, but there was never any effort to develop a Saturn emulator for Wiz/Caanoo, and you can be surprised if there ends up being one for Pandora.

bigbang said:
but a pandora runs it at perfection. check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPYDDFwyG0U

I wouldn't say, that an emulation without sound, as in the video you posted, is anywhere near "perfection".

CKeichel said:
I wouldn't say, that an emulation without sound, as in the video you posted, is anywhere near "perfection".

While it's not 'perfect', the latest build funs at near full speed for many games and has sound.

The caanoo should be ok for n64,the devs are not taking in trust in this project plus fba isn't available at all on caanoo.
Pandora saturn emu is very good,it plays few games and they run in decent speeds.
Pandora n64 emu is another good one plays nearly all games but some don't work and plays in good speed with sound,to be honest saturn and n64 is the best emulators for the pandora of any portable system.
Other thing is mame4all is best for caanoo/pandora only and forget the rest.
Caanoo does play most emulators with controllers,which is great advantage but most emulators on pandora aren't compatible with controllers yet apart from picodrive,psx,n64.
Caanoo/pandora are very unique consoles where both consoles are similar to each other in terms on connectivity like connecting flashdrive,hdd,controllers,mouse,keyboard and other usb peripherals.

sukhi2011 said:
The caanoo should be ok for n64,the devs are not taking in trust in this project plus fba isn't available at all on caanoo.
Pandora saturn emu is very good,it plays few games and they run in decent speeds.
Pandora n64 emu is another good one plays nearly all games but some don't work and plays in good speed with sound,to be honest saturn and n64 is the best emulators for the pandora of any portable system.
Other thing is mame4all is best for caanoo/pandora only and forget the rest.
Caanoo does play most emulators with controllers,which is great advantage but most emulators on pandora aren't compatible with controllers yet apart from picodrive,psx,n64.
Caanoo/pandora are very unique consoles where both consoles are similar to each other in terms on connectivity like connecting flashdrive,hdd,controllers,mouse,keyboard and other usb peripherals.

I believe I can remember, that Ari wrote into the pandora forums that the caanoo is lacking a level 2 cache, which means the emulation of a N64 system is way slower than on the pandora.

Caanoo has all useful emulators which all run so well,what's the point of releasing emulators which won't run any game and are so slow,it's will complete of time as notaz as said.

Pandora had saturn it was slow and ran only few games and n64 ran few games but it didn't run the best games which was quite disappointing.

Caanoo and pandora really have same amount of emulators to be honest not much difference,look below for more difference between 2 consoles:

Gngeo emulator

Caanoo can play arcade,console,home versions and plus is compatible with controllers.
Pandora can play only arcade and support for controllers.

Neo geo cd emulator

Caanoo plays this emu so well and runs all the games from the library of neo geo cd and is compatible with controllers.
Pandora this emulator is not available.

Mame emulator

Caanoo is the best version plays more games and gives better performance,it's always suited gph consoles only.
Pandora plays loads of games but some classic games don't work.

I would say caanoo is clear winner if you looking for these emulators plus caanoo has nice features such as g-sensor,pivot function,plays music while viewing the pictures and has high speed 2.0 usb port.

Back