Save The Hd-dvd Format! (support Is Stronger Than Ever)

tim0391 said:
Nova said:
LOL

good

i hope they will eventually start making games in blu ray format aswell

I doubt it, it would alienate gamers who couldn't afford an extra £200 for a blu-ray drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty spooky when people get so wrapped up emotionally in corporations. Kinda reminds me of the blind adherence facism requires.

Hi,

I think it's quite a bad idea to buy new stuff these days as technology is constantly moving, and will keep on doing so, for a long time, and faster than before.
HD ready --> Full HD, HD DVD --> BR, I even think the format for the DVD burners is not yet settled down, am I right ? Add to this the constant changes in GSM cellphones and digital cameras, and you're done !
Companies behind these products just want a quick return for the money they spent in R&D, so they launch unfinished technologies on the market , soon to be replaced by new ones. Life cycle of these things is shortening, and as novelty (good or bad) appeals to the masses, it's all benefits for them. What's important is to stay competitive and to please the beloved shareholders...I would recommend to everyone to just wait for the situation to calm down a little, though I know I am talking to geeks and tech lovers who maybe can afford such silly expenses, who maybe can afford to replace all their electronic appliances every two or three years. Back to topic, I won't sign this petition because I don't care what will happen to the HD-DVD or BR. Just think twice the next time you'll be buying something.
I'm not loaded so I still use a 10 years old TV set with a 10 years old DVD player plugged to an even older micro HIFI, along with a Wii, and I'm happy with that :)

Not to forget my working 50 years old KODAK Brownie Starflash pocket camera :)

See http://fotoimpex.de/ for old films and chemicals...

Bye, Magic Sam

Aren't HD-DVD drives fast becoming part of our retro culture. Wow I wonder if the Pandora will emulate it :D

jmetal88 said:
For the record, I still like Beta better than VHS.
I prefered Video 2000, being able to use both sides of a videotape was such a novelty :).

finty said:
BLU TEAM has the flag.
I c what u did thar!

But seriously, It's a total waste of time. Everyone knew that the two formats couldn't live side by side, and finally, sony won a format war.

in a couple of months ittl be great to get one of those 360 hddvd players off ebay super cheap just for the small current library (im talking if it comes down to like 40 bucks).

Nova said:
finty said:
BLU TEAM has the flag.
I c what u did thar!

But seriously, It's a total waste of time. Everyone knew that the two formats couldn't live side by side, and finally, sony won a format war.

Actually they didn't "win" Sony bought Paramount out with a nice paycheck to go Blu.

Bluray may be good eventually, now they just need to FINISH the spec and stop selling beta test software and hardware ;)

Back