Save The Hd-dvd Format! (support Is Stronger Than Ever)

hddvdtrashed.jpg

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Goity said:
462351412_6aa9aba845.jpg

No really. Check out the link on the picture.

nevermind

I can totally guess what you originally said.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
Nova said:
finty said:
BLU TEAM has the flag.
I c what u did thar!

But seriously, It's a total waste of time. Everyone knew that the two formats couldn't live side by side, and finally, sony won a format war.

Actually they didn't "win" Sony bought Paramount out with a nice paycheck to go Blu.

Bluray may be good eventually, now they just need to FINISH the spec and stop selling beta test software and hardware ;)

What? paramount is still technically hddvd exclusive...

Also, the ps3 is basically future proof in that respect, and already supports profile 2.0 pretty much.

I wonder if Sony will ever make their money back, how long will it be before we just download everything and stream in HD?

They might have won but Blu-Ray will never last as long as DVD or VHS, the writing is already on the wall.

craigix said:
I wonder if Sony will ever make their money back, how long will it be before we just download everything and stream in HD?

They might have won but Blu-Ray will never last as long as DVD or VHS, the writing is already on the wall.
It will be a while before everyone has fat enough pipes to stream good quality HD. I've got HD cable (comcast) but the bitrate isn't high enough - lots of macroblocking and whatnot in fast moving scenes. I just got 2001 on bluray and the picture quality is amazing (didn't hurt that Kubrick filmed in 70mm ;))

Back