Saving/loading In Gpquake 0.5

RatchetMan

Still Fresh
I can verify that although saving appears to work in gpquake, the file that is saved is sometimes corrupted. Both save and load worked until I played through to the Acropolis. However, after this point gpquake began saving corrupt files. Has anyone else seen this?

I can verify that although saving appears to work in gpquake, the file that is saved is sometimes corrupted. Both save and load worked until I played through to the Acropolis. However, after this point gpquake began saving corrupt files. Has anyone else seen this?
It's always been like that, and unfortunatly it's fairly random so I haven't been able to find a cure yet. There seems to be some kind of bug in the gp sdk file functions as older versions of doom used to suffer from the same problem until they switched to using the samsung smc lib (which I'll probably end up doing myself, although I'd rather not if at all possible because of the dubious legality of the samsung code). Even that may not solve the problem completely because Craigix tells me that doom still occasionally suffers from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back