Scale 1:1 "paper-mache" Pandora

Cool stuff, didn't fancy engineering a real lid on there then? You don't know our pain! ;)

There will be a real Pandora at the EIF (11th-13th) this month in the UK (with a prototype case).

Later this month Ed will get an almost final pre-production Pandora (ie the last of the MK0's) with a real case for high res videos and photos.

So the above photos can become real very soon :)

Great to see it's coming along so swimmingly, Craig! :D I hate to be a nagger, and I know you guys don't operate on a strict date schedule, but any idea what kind of timeline this puts Pandora on now? I'd guess a September preorder with an October release, but I've been wrong before. :lol:

Well we want to make sure you have all seen plenty of videos and photos of the real thing before starting preorders, so yes this is the lead up to the preordering.

craigix said:
Well we want to make sure you have all seen plenty of videos and photos of the real thing before starting preorders, so yes this is the lead up to the preordering.
Great to know, I shall manage my bank account accordingly. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Cool stuff, didn't fancy engineering a real lid on there then? You don't know our pain! ;)

There will be a real Pandora at the EIF (11th-13th) this month in the UK (with a prototype case).

Later this month Ed will get an almost final pre-production Pandora (ie the last of the MK0's) with a real case for high res videos and photos.

So the above photos can become real very soon :)
craigix said:

Sweet. I am already counting the days.

chad78 said:
I just I must have one too, since I had (until recently) an N800, and I have a PSP. What is that other device?
Zaurus SL-C1000 running Debian. Great little device.

craigix said:
You mean the 10th-12th? :)

From the EIF site:
The sixth Annual Edinburgh Interactive Festival is taking place this year at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre from Sunday 10th until Tuesday 12th August 2008

Neat, but I feel compelled to point out that papier maché probably doesn't mean what you think. Maché means chewed, and as such papier maché sculptures look like they've been into someone's mouth. You make them by cutting bits of paper, dipping them into (watered down?) glue and stick that onto a structure, and wait till it dries.

craigix said:
Ah yes, well they want us on the 11th, which might just be the first day for indie devices.
Do you know which hall of the conference centre you will be in?

CronoTriggerfan said:
Great to see it's coming along so swimmingly, Craig! :D I hate to be a nagger, and I know you guys don't operate on a strict date schedule, but any idea what kind of timeline this puts Pandora on now? I'd guess a September preorder with an October release, but I've been wrong before. :lol:
I hope the pre-orders will be at the very end of this month. They owe us that much, I mean they already delayed the release once ! LOL
I have the money ready and waiting... Now Hurry The Hell Up, Before I Spend It On Something Else !

A_SN said:
Neat, but I feel compelled to point out that papier maché probably doesn't mean what you think. Maché means chewed, and as such papier maché sculptures look like they've been into someone's mouth. You make them by cutting bits of paper, dipping them into (watered down?) glue and stick that onto a structure, and wait till it dries.

Actually, the 'watered down glue' is usually flower and water :)
Papier-maché is very biodegradable :)

jmetal88 said:
realyst said:
Actually, the 'watered down glue' is usually flower and water :)
Papier-maché is very biodegradable :)
I think you mean "flour." :lol:

Nah, it's made with Daisies and Dandelions. ;)

-God Ginrai

craigix said:
Ah yes, well they want us on the 11th, which might just be the first day for indie devices.
Oooooo.... can you still get tickets? I'm based in Edinburgh from tomorrow until Christmas, so I'd *really* like to go and see Pandora for myself as it currently stands!

*rushes off to investigate*

EDIT: Hmm... looks like I'll either strike it lucky and get in for free (by grabbing a ticket at Gamestation on Princes St), or have to pay ~£90 on the door. Which I might not be so up for, given that I'd rather spend that on Pandora herself! Oh well... I'll find out shortly :).

Good luck, Tobriand! If you do get in, you have to report back, ok? :p

Back