Screen Foil for Pandora?

rohezal

Advanced Member
Hi I got my rebirth Pandora right today,

and I wanted to ask what kind of screen protector do you use to protect your Pandora?

Clamshell makes for the best screen protector. I just trust in the lid to keep the screen safe.

Clamshell makes for the best screen protector. I just trust in the lid to keep the screen safe.
But what about dust and finger nails and similar stuff?

I dont use screen protectors on mine.
Just make sure your stylus is not sharp. Just rub it on some paper to smooth it.

Hows your Pandora going? All good and happy??

IOT try and provide some helpful advice, I ordered these:

http://ithic.com/en/microfiber/51-2-pack-clarivue-archos-605-ultra-clear-screen-protector.html

I did some searching here and found a poll that showed that about 2/3 of Pandora owners don't use a screen protector. I'm going to try it and see how it works. Like you, I am concerned about accidentally marking or damaging the screen and I would rather clean the accumulated finger crud off a screen protector than off the actual screen. I don't use a screen protector on my iPhone and the screen shows some wear. iPhones get replaced every few years. I expect to have my Pandora longer than that and I won't bill the replacement to work :)

the pandora is fine and a lot of fun to use. thank you kingoddball :) i just have recalibrate (reset) the nubs from time to time. someone tlked bout bout the nub dance not sure wht it is. draagonbox has no screen protectors or did i miss them?

IIRC people have said that screen protectors actually hinder the touch-sensitivity; so things like MyPaint which actually uses the pressure (and not just position) of the stylus would not work as effeciently.

Something to bare bear in mind

Last edited by a moderator:
My dislike for having bubbles and such from screen protectors out weighs my fear of damaging or dirtying screen..

I use a screen protector on my pandora. I recommend you to get a screen protector if you use android or anything else that you make you use the stylus a lot. I just took some tablet screen projector and cut it with a striaght-cutter to the pandora size. It did leave the a 1 or 2mm edge popping up because the cutting bent the screen protector a little.

I have never used screen protectors on my Pandoras and I really don't see the point of it. It seems like overkill to me.

It's never touched by my fingers and  I never use my stylus in such an agressive way as to scratch or mar the screen. Actually other than some games that require a stylus like KAMI RETRO... I never use a stylus.

Just an ocasional dust and wipe with a lint free cloth does the trick for me. I don't a have scratch on either of my Pandoras.

Last edited:
Back