Screen Off But Touchscreen Still Works?

Hitnrun

Today I wanted to clean my Pandora screen, so I got my Monster Cleaner, put the Pandora in standby so the screen would be blank, and cleaned it.

To my horror, when I turned it on, there were dozen of screens asking if I wanted to really move my memory card to another, delete almost all icons, don't know too much because I clicked cancel on all as fast as I could.

So, is it possible to disable the touchscreen while the screen is off?

There's a lot of things that don't actually turn off yet when put into low power mode.
For example, the screen is not actually off, just the backlight is. Shine a very bright light on it and you'll be able to vaguely see the image. The nubs also don't shut off, though I believe they can.
I'm sure, given enough bug reports, the OS will be tightened up. These extra steps should give even more power saving, eventually.
For now, clean the screen with the power off :p

It's pretty normal that the touchscreen stays on. On my N800 it's always on too. A tap on the screen brings it back to live. It might be possible to implement a "lock screen" feature like most handhelds have. I suppose that's what the lock position on the power switch is for, but it's not used yet, afaik.

Back