Second Batch

ninjamonkey

Still Fresh
So as determined by the project moderator and developers and all those awesome poeple who helped make this awesome system have determined that the first batch will be shipped by April of this year.
What happens after that time?
How long are we looking at until the second batch shipped date and all that good stuff?

Been mentioned already-

From Chip:

Four to six weeks from the first to the last of the first batch Pandoras. Give or take a couple weeks for testing and tweaking the assembly process.

Once the manufacturing process is 100% nailed down (2nd batch onwards) the plant can make ~5000 per month, though they can only make them as fast as we can get parts. Second batch will probably start up about two months after the first is finished (again, depending on parts availability).

So at least 3-4 weeks before first batch starts, 4-6 weeks after that it finishes, then ~8 weeks until the 2nd batch starts. If you want a Pandora soon, order from the first batch. Otherwise you’ll be waiting a while.

edit : So in other words the 2nd batch will start 8 weeks after the 1st batch has finished!

I think he actually means just that. The only reason the first batch took so long was because of all the problems with the economy and a new part became available for use in the pandora (MK3 board). So I'd say by the endof this school year, june, give or take a few day or a week. I believe this because they have already made the first batch and have the process down already, its shouldnt be that hard from there.

ninjamonkey said:
I think he actually means just that. The only reason the first batch took so long was because of all the problems with the economy and a new part became available for use in the pandora (MK3 board). So I'd say by the endof this school year, june, give or take a few day or a week. I believe this because they have already made the first batch and have the process down already, its shouldnt be that hard from there.
Right, unless there's a bug found in the mk3 boards that they want to fix for a batch two mk4, they don't have to do that again. And none of the other development work either.

They should be able to get the parts together and tested way before next Christmas. I'd suspect that the units would be in people's hands sometime before June. Dependent upon when they start the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back