Security & Encryption

Paulo Becker said:
Kyosys said:
what if I take an SD card out of it and put it in my pocket before handing the device over, what are they gonna do, search me for SD cards? I doubt it. (Then again...)
That's probably the most reasonable and simple idea. Especially if you consider that SD cards are small enough to hide in your underwear without causing extreme discomforts.

Dear passenger for the sake of your security and privacy please stick all your electronic storage devices it into your ass! Sorry, couldn't stand.
Edit 1
icurafu said:
Also, if you encrypt with random, it'll just give them more of a reason to suspect you, which will be why you'll be spending the next 10 years in Guantanamo bay while you are constantly requested for a decryption key that does not exist.
Lol that was really funny!!!
Edit 2
Chip said:
Once the feds have your equipment, they will crack any encryption that you may have installed.
So that according to Chip it seems like your 10 years estimate is a bit too big.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyosys said:
what if I take an SD card out of it and put it in my pocket before handing the device over, what are they gonna do, search me for SD cards? I doubt it. (Then again...)
As far as the law is concerned, yes they can search you for media such as SD cards, on the other hand they would be pretty unlikely to do so, and a SD card would be pretty easy to hide.

(if you're really going nuts use a micro-sd card and pick up a micro-SD -> SD adaptor when you arrive, much easier still to hide)

Then again, wouldn't the whole point of all this to use the thing while you're on the plane? :p *sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:
Back