Seems It Is Coming Soon, But If You're Not In The Top 1000...when?

Don't forget that OpenPandora LTD is not the plastic companies only client pushing them to get things done before CNY as well.

Why dont they order all 4000 and ship 1000 a day or when every 1000 is done ship them.

craigix said:
Well all that is needed is the cases. The boards are sitting populated and ready.

We are pushing them to ship us 500 on friday.

1162263969848.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it was said awhile ago that the 8th was the cut off for the green light, and that the mould company would make 1000 a day, and ship 4000 before the new year!

Now, back to reality. The team also thought they where shipping perfect final cases, so I would say it is safe to assume that information may or may not be possible. Also the team may not want to get more, only to have them be defective in some way. 500 doesn't cover a lot of customers, but it will allow the team to see how long they take to produce, what quality is applied, test there assembly line in the US, and start to ship worldwide.

If 500 go well, they can be prepared and ready to handle the 3500 right after the holidays, and make sure all points are ready and able to handle the rest of the run.

It's not great for customers 501-4000, but it's a good way to test everything and make sure there are no weak links in the chain!

Chris

kjohn said:
Why dont they order all 4000 and ship 1000 a day or when every 1000 is done ship them.

1) Because they're running a business and OpenPandora is a small customer in no position to make demands.

2) Because the goal is for them to carefully package the plastic pieces in a rather labor-intensive way, and not just toss them all into a giant box ten seconds before quitting time.

The factory have already been instructed to get on with it, we should hear something today. We don't know if they will manage it, but we hope they will. They have told us pretty much every customer makes this week hell for them.

craigix said:
The factory have already been instructed to get on with it, we should hear something today. We don't know if they will manage it, but we hope they will. They have told us pretty much every customer makes this week hell for them.

Pain before pleasure.

craigix said:
Well all that is needed is the cases. The boards are sitting populated and ready.

Agh! I'm between 450 and 550!
Oh the suspense...

The the third revision cases were originally expected to be sent on the 15th January (which turned out to be a misunderstanding concerning the email from the factory). As things looked dire at that point and during the uproar regarding a further delay I recollect reading a quote from Evildragon mentioning that they would push for the factory to do all the 4000 cases over the Chinese New Year peiod even if they had to pay extra (out of their own pockets).

Has the factory now refused outright to work over the holiday period or has it been deemed too much of an expense?

Edit: Sorry, forget the possibly wrong dates/revision number, but I definitely recollect ED's quote.

chickendung said:
I'll probably get mine in August(3900-4000). Something has to go wrong.

And I thought ANY month in 2010 would have been a long wait! Augusy 3900 or later? Phew!

LuvClub said:
... I recollect reading a quote from Evildragon mentioning that they would push for the factory to do all the 4000 cases over the Chinese New Year peiod even if they had to pay extra (out of their own pockets).

ISTR that ED said the factory had offerred that as an option. If the Rev 3 case samples had arrived and looked triffic - no scratches/gouges, no splits/cracks, "perfected" silkscreening and so forth, OpenPandora might be mnore interested in paying extra for holiday-time work. given the state the cases aCTUALLY arrived in, and that we haven't seen final silkscreening, caution may be a better watchword.

Heck, I want mine. 500 sounds like very little to me. I didn't ask where in the line in ED's sales territory I am, guess it's a bugger to find out.

How will that amount of pre-CNY pnds be split between distribution regions?

magicman5421 said:
craigix said:

Oh the suspense...

That's only for Craig's store. Don't forget Some Pandora's have to go to ED and Fatih. So, *if* they are only getting out 500, you are probably not in that list to receive a unit.

Phawx said:
magicman5421 said:
craigix said:

Oh the suspense...

That's only for Craig's store. Don't forget Some Pandora's have to go to ED and Fatih. So, *if* they are only getting out 500, you are probably not in that list to receive a unit.
Agh! I'm between 200 and 250! (in ED's store)
Oh the suspense...
----------
EDIT: and my vote's for Smoctemberuary

Back