Delivery Notification

craigix said:
An email will go out as each order has been shipped.

Please tell me they aren't each going to be hand packaged and shipped from your place though. At ~3500+ units, that'll take a year to do in of itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
BackAssward said:
craigix said:

Please tell me they aren't each going to be hand packaged and shipped from your place though. At ~3500+ units, that'll take a year to do in of itself.

They are but we can do about 250-350 a day. Surprisingly efficient after almost 8 years :)

craigix said:
BackAssward said:
craigix said:

They are but we can do about 250-350 a day. Surprisingly efficient after almost 8 years :)
what about the package in the package? will it have the nice shiny pandora image on it?
And from where will my pandora come? Since i already paid lots more for my pandora, i hope it wont ship from america. if it does, i need to pay loads more for importing the pandora. (customs....)

craigix said:

Isn't child labor / sweat shops illegal in the UK? :p Anyway, thanks for the quick reply.

borgqueenx said:
what about the package in the package? will it have the nice shiny pandora image on it?
And from where will my pandora come? Since i already paid lots more for my pandora, i hope it wont ship from america. if it does, i need to pay loads more for importing the pandora. (customs....)
Actually, I was also asking about the "main" package, not the shipping packing. As for where it's shipped from, Craigix is in the UK (as you should know) and he just said they will be shipping from his place.

BackAssward said:
Actually, I was also asking about the "main" package, not the shipping packing. As for where it's shipped from, Craigix is in the UK (as you should know) and he just said they will be shipping from his place.
There's going to be a package in the package? I thought it was just the basic brown package, some stuffing and the gear. No need for shiny retail packages imo.

B-ZaR said:
BackAssward said:
There's going to be a package in the package? I thought it was just the basic brown package, some stuffing and the gear. No need for shiny retail packages imo.
i hope there will be. I always love the packaging. it makes me take a look at it for 5 seconds, then say YEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! then rip it apart and see whats inside.

craigix said:

Thanks. I have a particular problem with shipping, and this allows me to take care of it. Sorry if this adds much work, but do realize it's appreciated.

Gruso said:
What font will you use?

About fell out of my chair when I got to your post...lololololololololol

craigix said:
The USA orders might be shipped to you right from Dallas.

Man I hope so, I can't stand the thought of not being able to get my Pandora cause I can't afford the customs fees!

"Hey look, a package for me. I'll just go get my camera... and apparently I've already opened the box. How did that happen? The last 30 seconds are a blur of flying paper and cardboard."

Squidge said:
So, whos going to do a unboxing video for youtube? ;)

You can count on me for high-resolution photos. If I had one of those new video DSLRs, I'd do a video :p

I've got a nice point-and-shoot, I'll definitely take some pictures of it. It's not going to be DSLR quality, but 8 MP should be fine, and with a bit of downscaling, nobody'll notice the slightly inferior quality.

720p camera / camcorder ready and waiting to film the moment the pandora appears at my door. Sadly I won't be unboxing on a rooftop but maybe I'll add a little tomato ketchup for effect and do some CG generated stunts or something.

I might even do some filming of the tv out in action if the lead comes on the same day!!

craigix said:
The USA orders might be shipped to you right from Dallas.

This may be a dumb question, but I thought you had to assemble them yourselves in the UK? If this is the case, wouldn't the U.S. customers toward the front of the line recieve them first due to location?

Vorporeal said:
I've got a nice point-and-shoot, I'll definitely take some pictures of it. It's not going to be DSLR quality, but 8 MP should be fine, and with a bit of downscaling, nobody'll notice the slightly inferior quality.
OT, but SLR picture quality is better for many more reasons than just more megapixels. If you downscale a P&S to 1024x768 and you do the same for an SLR image, I can tell the difference. For one thing, they have entirely different depths-of-field most of the time.

On Topic, it's exciting times and I hope everyone takes pictures! I hope I can use this thing before I finish this semester in mid-december.

If it's SLR photo's that people want I will oblige. I have a Canon 20D that I could snap whatever pics you want. It's kinda old compared to newer DSLR's but it's 8MP shots should be fine. I expect you wish it shot from every angle? I have never done a product shot for any reason before (just family,friends,flowers,insects etc.) So if you tell me what to shoot I will do so. Seeing as how I don't really have any good video setups, stills are the best I can do right now. Then again I should be one of the last to get a Pandora so there will probably be hundreds of photo's out by then.

Back