Delivery Notification

chuckr

Still Fresh
I just realized, when delivery begins to become a reality (which I guess is finally getting close), I've never heard if there are any delivery rules to be followed. Reason this worries me suddenly is because folks need to be notified that things are in transit (their personal delivery, not just that deliveries have begun), else there are going to be a lot of folks who complain months later that they never got anything, when trying to trace things isn't going to be a valid option anymore. I could see that maybe email could be sent (a form letter, make things easier), or maybe make a list of name versus ship date/carrier on the web site (possible privacy issue?) However it's decided, I don't think that this can be ignored, that'd cause a lot of extra problems.

I think I do realize that if you sent delivery email, there are going to be SOME folks who react by making a bunch of silly responses (and waste time) but I don't see the answer to that (I've never been involved in that phase of the tech world). I'm wondering if maybe you folks already have decided how to handle it? I think this kind of thing ought to be in the FAQ, but I didn't see anything on it.

Mass notice: "We've started shipping"
2 weeks later: "All Pandoras have been shipped. If you don't get yours in 6 weeks, let us know."
I don't see the need for individual emails to be sent out.

WizardStan said:
Mass notice: "We've started shipping"
2 weeks later: "All Pandoras have been shipped. If you don't get yours in 6 weeks, let us know."
I don't see the need for individual emails to be sent out.

E-Mails and tracking numbers would be a bit more professional. I don't approve of anything less.

Last edited by a moderator:
It better not be Comic Sans MS or I'm canceling my preorder, and my mom's preorder as well

Elanzer said:
It better not be Comic Sans MS or I'm canceling my preorder, and my mom's preorder as well

Really lame reason to do that. "Comic Sans MS" isn't a standard among the web as it is Microsoft and not available for all OS's, so I see no reason why it would be sent like that.

Kloplop321 said:
Elanzer said:

Really lame reason to do that. "Comic Sans MS" isn't a standard among the web as it is Microsoft and not available for all OS's, so I see no reason why it would be sent like that.

Why so serious?

From: openpandorasales@gmail.com [acronym='Bet you thought it was clickable ;) ']Mark it as spam[/acronym]

Hello Kloplop321.

We have received information that the Pandora you ordered has been shipped. If you haven't received it in about two months please contact us or pre-order another one.

Love,

The OpenPandora Team.

That seems very serious to me...

comic Sans? It had better be sent as plain text (as God (Sabeer Bhatia, in this case (according to Wiki, at any rate)) intended) or I'm canceling my order. I'm not putting up with HTML-mail garbage.

redfish said:
E-Mails and tracking numbers would be a bit more professional. I don't approve of anything less.
Troll much?
Oh wait...
redfish said:
Why did the pandora team opt for something like S-Video instead of VGA? It seems like it would of been easier to have a VGA out on it instead of an S-Video.
redfish said:
From the way you are explaining it it sounds like Pandora team
didn't design the architecture from scratch but rather they are using a pre-made board that they are just throwing in
an enclosure?

WizardStan said:
comic Sans? It had better be sent as plain text (as God (Sabeer Bhatia, in this case (according to Wiki, at any rate)) intended) or I'm canceling my order. I'm not putting up with HTML-mail garbage.

Hang on a minute guys, I'll go set up a font poll. :D

But if they sent a shipping notification, I'd be all like this for the rest of the week (at least)!

9PIni.gif

arrrgh said:
It should be in Wingdings.
I remember someone using that for "encryption". They were quite upset when I did "select all" and changed the font.

Squidge said:
arrrgh said:
It should be in Wingdings.
I remember someone using that for "encryption". They were quite upset when I did "select all" and changed the font.

LOL.

You need to teach them ROT13 then... they will be blown away !

Back