SEGA fans, answer me this.

NssOne

I am One with the DarkNss
Website
www.gp32us.com
Yes, I am a big fan of SEGA myself, but this has bugged me recently. Why is Dr. Robotnik now referred to as Dr. Eggman? I understand he looks like an egg, but did SEGA change his name? Or is that some bad new marketing?

I know that "Dr. Robotnik" is in fact the american name for his japanese counter-part, "Eggman", but I don't understand the "now referred to as Dr. Eggman". In which US Sonic games is he called Eggman?

I think "Eggman" was Robotnik's nickname in the Japanese Sonics for a long time before the Adventure series, so eventually SEGA/Sonic Team figured it may as well be his "normal" name in the US/European versions too. His "official" name is still Dr. Ivo Robotnik, though.

The Sonic Adventure games don't continue the plotline of the Genesis and Saturn titles, either - for one, the SA games are set on Earth, as opposed to the old Sonics taking place on Mobius' islands (Floating Island, Angel Island, South Island, etc.) Sonic Heroes seems to be set in Mobius as well, but it has its own separate "timeline" to avoid creating even more plotholes. Apparently Knuckles needs another excuse to let Eggman steal the Master/Chaos Emeralds for the umpteenth time. <_<

I suggest visiting the South Island Forums for plot info, Chaos (Emerald) Theory, and other miscellaneous discussion.

Azure posted on Oct 12 2003 at 05:29 AM said:
I think Dr. Robotnik is way better then Eggman
I agree :D

Is it just me or has Twimfy disappeared lately? I'm surprised he didnt reply to this before me :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not certain but I am pretty sure he was selling his GP32 and joining the Zodiac camp...

TandeM posted on Oct 11 2003 at 11:57 PM said:
His "official" name is still Dr. Ivo Robotnik, though.
Or Dr. Ivo Kintobor - Depending on if the glass is half full, or not!

GP32 Kirby posted on Oct 12 2003 at 06:40 AM said:
Is it just me or has Twimfy disappeared lately? I'm surprised he didnt reply to this before me :blink:
i dont think he's sold up and joined the zodiac camp. I think he's just gone to Uni and has other things to do/ cant access the internet.......

Back