Release Serious Sam The First Encounter (Full & Demo)

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Serious Sam The First Encounter, the launcher for the game from croteam.
preview01.png

You need the data from the full game to play this one. Just compie all the folder exept the Bin one to appdata/serioussam_tfe
If you don't own the the game, you can find a dbp with Dema data here.

Those dbp use switch the nubs functions and use main shoulders as mouse buttons. Keymap should be adapted to Pyra for a plu'n play experience.

History log
=========

Build 01
-----------

• Initial build

Last edited:
Well? Hows the performance on Pyra? In the Pandora thread people reported it being a bit slow.

Does it also build/run with USE_SINGLE_THREAD set OFF (and pthread enabled)?

[Edit]
(much deleted). I can't figure out where to put game data. Do i really need to unzip the .gro and create Classes directory in root of Serious-Engine directory, containing the .ecl files?
[Edit2]
Running ssam-tfe requires first building ssam (which is for second encounter (se) apparently). Otherwise ssam-tfe errors-out missing libEntitiesMP.so libGameMP.so.
First build was with gl4es, which fails to initialize screen 4 tries out of 5. When it does work, it's fast (video attached).
[Edit3] where is it storing graphics settings on the filesystem?

Attachments

• mpv-shot0001.jpg
    mpv-shot0001.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 140
  • ssam_droid4_maemo_leste.mkv.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Well? Hows the performance on Pyra? In the Pandora thread people reported it being a bit slow.

Does it also build/run with USE_SINGLE_THREAD set OFF (and pthread enabled)?
It's really good IMO, no noticeable slowdowns. That said on my 1GHZ Pandora the game ran really well, completed it without issues, well outside a flaky left nub. Second Encounter on the other hand did have a little sluggishness compared to the first.

[Edit]
  • I did a few linux builds.
  • Copied executeable and Debug/* from cmake-build to to Serious-Engine/Bin
  • Executeable reports it cant find classes/Player.ecl.
  • Perusing Github issues reveals this is due to misplaced data files.
  • Scanning data files with "strings" command shows classes/Player.ecl is in ..//serioussam1/1_00.gro
  • Running strace ./ssam-tfe doesn't tell me where ssam-tfe is looking for 1_00.gro (that seems very odd)
  • Strace does report trying this:
  • openat(AT_FDCWD, "/data/Serious-Engine/Classes/Player.ecl", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory
  • Tried symlinking data files are to Serious-Engine/serioussamfe Serious-Engine/serioussam1 /home/user/.local/share/Serious Engine/serioussam1 and /home/user/.local/share/Serious Engine/serioussamfe
Nothing fixed the problem.

This is strange and confusing. If a game isn't finding datafiles, it's helpful to report to user where it's looking for them.
Don't forget to remove "ModEXT.txt" if you are running The First Encounter.

After enabling widescreen mode under video->rendering options, i can't disable widescreenmode without a crash. Where is it saving the settings?

Back