Set mouse buttons as A B X Y

Set mouse buttons as A B X Y in Xfce

• Total voters

Linux-SWAT

Forum Addict!
I use Xfce.

I can't use the nub for mouse buttons anymore.

I tried and tried for 3 weeks, but i can't. It adds a random behavior that gives me headaches and anger.

So it's basically a poll to improve the standard UI...

--EDIT :

Note it's not a poll vs nub. The OP nubs totally rocks, but although it's good for mouse, it's bad for buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Xfce.

I can't use the nub for mouse buttons anymore.

I tried and tried for 3 weeks, but i can't. It adds a random behavior that gives me headaches and anger.

So it's basically a poll to improve the standard UI...
where's my vote button!?!?!

Dunno how to make poll :/
you = suck

EDIT:

edit your OP, click "use full editor" at bottom

and click under the subject, "manage topic poll"

add your vote question, then add answers, select if you want the voters to choose multiple choices.

hit save changes

Oh, it's not for me...

It's for the default config.
Oh, ok then. So far I've heard mostly people finding it to work better than the buttons, but I guess it would be prudent to get a broader reading before deciding on the default now that more people can voice their opinions.

Where would you put the home/end/pgup/pgdn buttons then?

I think the default mapping is just fine as it is. It's not like it isn't easy to change it if you want.

I think the default mapping is just fine as it is. It's not like it isn't easy to change it if you want.

Swap between nubs and buttons.

A button doesn't have a random behavior. You press it once, the menu pops.

The nub is different. It often 'hesitate" between on and off, double clicking when you only clicked once.

And a slighly imprecise push transforms the left click into a middle click or a double click. This is not tolerable.

Would you tolerate buying a mouse with buttons doing weird things 20% of the time ?

This is why i polled. This binding is bad.

I like the idea and I already did this remapping.

Fn+Arrows
Nice, or/with Fn + buttons (is Fn + buttons already mapped ?)

I think the default mapping is incredibly ugly.
Second this only for mouse buttons.

Maybe alt and control should have been at down left, like standard keyboards... Anyway, i'm fine with it (for now).

Fn+Arrows

Are you able to use Fn+arrows??

I tried, but `xev` gives plain arrows when I press them with Fn.

oh, you are talking about patching the kernel. Heh, I still didn't recompile the kernel myself, I should do this soon. But also ED should include some patches that enable `Fn` for arrows, and other keys, I think.

btw, for mouse buttons L+R are the best :p Ha! Middle mouse button for Fn+R and I'm all set for pasting :)

I'm happy with the default setup with the left nub for mousing, and the right nub for the various mouse-button functions. I'm fine with an option to change it, but I hope the default isn't altered.

For those advocating changing the default, I have a question: How do you propose games and emulators, many of which access the gaming buttons as the keyboard mappings they use, will work after this? I'm not being facetious or sarcastic or anything (although I'm sure you guys know I'm not like that anyway :p ), this is a genuine question - I'm pretty sure "Fn + d-pad" isn't going to work here. ;)

It's not like it isn't easy to change it if you want.

I still cannot get left click right click for the mouse to the A and B buttons. i have been trying for two months now, and i am using the Pandora less and less specifically because I am fed up with the right nub as mouse clicks. you say it is not hard. I must have a bad case of teh stupids because i have tried every method i could find listed here and the gp32 forum.

It's not like it isn't easy to change it if you want.

I still cannot get left click right click for the mouse to the A and B buttons. i have been trying for two months now, and i am using the Pandora less and less specifically because I am fed up with the right nub as mouse clicks. you say it is not hard. I must have a bad case of teh stupids because i have tried every method i could find listed here and the gp32 forum.
If you still have not figured it out by this time next week, shoot me a PM. Mine should ahve arrived by then, and I'll walk you through it.

If you still have not figured it out by this time next week, shoot me a PM. Mine should ahve arrived by then, and I'll walk you through it.

I have my shoulder buttons set as left and right click. However, it resets back to the right nub after a short period of non-use.

If you know a way to make the change permanent I'm all ears. =o.o=

Use scripts, map them to shortcuts in your XFCEbar like this and change on the fly...notice the mouse icon and the joystick icon ;)

screenshot.png

EDIT: added spoiler tags

Back