Share your projects

Correctamungo! Having C110 Copper CNC machined in small batches is prohibitively expensive (I'd estimate about $120$150 for one prototype). Better to tweak a model and get sizing proper this way for quick prototyping.
I really think an aftermarket cooling solution for the Pyra wouldn't be too bad to make, I'd imagine in a crowd sale of maybe 50-100 I could sell them for $50-75 each. Obviously testing would have to be done, but if 2Ghz could run stable at the same temperature profile as 1.5Ghz on the stock cooler, it might be a lucrative value proposition. According to the documentation 2Ghz should be doable on the OMAP assuming TDP can be dealt with.
Is it direct to die, or a self-contained system?
How do you fill or enclose the liquid?

I just got my small VR demo working for the HTC Vive Focus Plus. It only has head tracking, no controllers yet.
Even this small demo appears to be heavy already and I didn't even use anti-aliasing yet. But still looks cool in VR, probably it's just that a lot looks nice in VR.

I've released a new version of my video downloading tool.
Old method of downloading multiple videos: Select option 1 from the menu, copy and paste URLs into user input area each separated by a comma.
New method: Copy and paste URLs into the video_urls.txt file each separated by a space or a newline (can mix and match), then select option 2 from the menu.
Subtitle language codes are now to be separated by a space instead of a comma.

Link

In other news I'm thinking about using a version control system going forward, because I keep forgetting what changes I made when.

Reactions: rSl
Copy and paste URLs into the video_urls.txt file each separated by a space or a newline (can mix and match)
can't it be Null delimited? I is disappoint.

back in the day I had a nice script 'pget' to which you provide a URL and it would download and concatenate all linked movies. this was in the "mad thumbs" days so this was my feature length work-around. I used this script daily, between my first joint and coffee.

needless to say back then Asian fetishes were considered niche.

I've decided to include both file (space or newline separated) and input dialogue (space separated) multiple URL entry methods in the next version of my video download tool, due to each being useful for different situations. Also I've been learning how to do multithreading to (potentially) speed up downloads.

Python:
import threading

def print_sections(sections):
    print(sections)

alphabet =  ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f', 'g', 'h', 'i', 'j', 'k', 'l', 'm', 'n', 'o',
            'p', 'q', 'r', 's', 't', 'u', 'v', 'w', 'x', 'y', 'z']                                                                                                     

alpha_len = len(alphabet)                                                                                                                                                         

# Split alphabet into four sections
al = (alphabet[:alpha_len // 4])                                                                                                 
ph = (alphabet[alpha_len // 4:2 * alpha_len // 4])
ab = (alphabet[alpha_len // 2:3 * alpha_len // 4])
et = (alphabet[3 * alpha_len // 4:])

if __name__ == "__main__":

# Thread setup
    t1 = threading.Thread(target = print_sections, args = (al,))
    t2 = threading.Thread(target = print_sections, args = (ph,))
    t3 = threading.Thread(target = print_sections, args = (ab,))
    t4 = threading.Thread(target = print_sections, args = (et,))

# Start threads
    t1.start()
    t2.start()
    t3.start()
    t4.start()

# Halt main thread until created threads have finished running
    t1.join()
    t2.join()
    t3.join()
    t4.join()

print("Job done.")

Output:

Code:
['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f']
['g', 'h', 'i', 'j', 'k', 'l', 'm']
['n', 'o', 'p', 'q', 'r', 's']
['t', 'u', 'v', 'w', 'x', 'y', 'z']
Job done.

I've been doing some more work on my video downloading program.

Things I've done since my last post:
  • Simplified the options file loading/saving method
  • There's two methods to download videos, user input and file
  • Downloaded videos are grouped into folders based on the uploader name
  • Added multithreading (did last bit earlier today, which was making sure program was thread safe)
  • Download subtitles yes or no has been promoted to its own menu item
  • General tweaks
Stuff to do:
  • Further modularise the program
  • Tweak video download status output

A new version of my video downloading program is (finally) available to download.

New stuff:
  • Simplified the options file loading/saving method
  • There's two methods to download videos, user input and file
  • Downloaded videos are grouped into folders based on the uploader's name
  • Added multi-threading
  • Download subtitles yes or no has been promoted to its own menu item
+ probably other stuff that's slipped my mind.

Stuff I'm currently researching:
  • I'm looking into getting an SSL certificate for my website, due to web browsers starting to complain about non HTTPS sites whether its warranted or not.
  • I'm looking into packaging required libraries with my software so that they don't have to be sourced separately.

@Null twice two-months ago I just switched to the main build. The parallelism you can achieve using "xargs -P". And looping continuosly is done with a while-loop: while read URL;do youtube-dl "$URL";done
Sadly I never got your subtitles to be downloaded.

I do have some aliases:
Code:
# yc is to continue a download
alias yc='youtube-dl -c'

# Downloads the mp3 of an audiobook and the thumbnail, is there is one, and embeds it in the mp3
alias y3='youtube-dl --embed-thumbnail --extract-audio --audio-format mp3 -o "%(title)s.%(ext)s"'

The latter is great for creating an audiobook out of a lecture.

Sadly I never got your subtitles to be downloaded.

I've revamped the subtitle download system in the latest version. It doesn't download the auto-generated ones though (conscious decision because they're awful), just the user supplied ones. The user supplied ones do seem to have been as rare as hens teeth for a while though (I blame YouTube).

Something else non programming related.

Your project? Although I guess a project you're using isn't completely outside the scope of this thread.

Personally I use a LUKS encrypted volume.
I guess the project is not the development of the tool, but the implementation of the use of the tool in a way-of-working.
Like buying a to-be-assembled 3D printer. You didn't make it yourself, but it can be your project to assemble and use it.

Job done. If you enter one password/phrase you get my personal docs, if you enter a different one you get @JDTAY's mole pictures.

I split off my /home and /var folders because those tend to grow much faster than the rest of linux, and there are easily understood ways of cleaning them up, Generally the only way of cleaning stuff up from the rest of the root filesystem is by uninstalling stuff and then you have to watch out for dependencies. So I only encrypt my home partition, which contains all of the stuff I'm worried about, everything else is just standard linux stuff and mainly stuff that's freely available on the internet. I guess logs could be considered worth protecting, so you could consider encrypting your /var partition too. And if you ever park stuff in /root or /opt then your mileage may vary.

Back