Shipping On The 4Th?

craigix said:
Today's challenge: Getting the batteries out of customs.

Don't forget to tell the customs they won't find coke when they cut up the batteries. But juicy LiPo-induced death. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just inform customs that the batteries will absolutely NOT be used to power the timing mechanisms of 1000 explosive devices placed around the houses of parliament. That should speed their release along, lickity split

Have you guys ordered the rest of the 3K boards/random pieces? Probably take a while to make those.

senorgomez said:
Have you guys ordered the rest of the 3K boards/random pieces? Probably take a while to make those.
I believe they have the remaing 3000/parts for everything exept the cases and boards(or there on the way). The boards are currently being produced and shipped as completed. The team will inspect, and double check the 1000 cases, and then aprove the remaing amount in one go.

That should be it.

Chris

Just bring a pandora with you, and put a battery in it to show them. Then turn on the pandora, set it down on the table, and run as fast as you can away from it, diving behind some sort of desk and crouching with your hands over your ears. After a few minutes of nothing happening, act a bit disappointed but like you're trying to make them think that nothing was supposed to happen.

EDIT:
I think Mr Loon wins pun of the day.

matzesu said:
How dos other company do this?? Getting the Batteries out of Customs??? :unsure:
A well known name and a batch of lawyers, I would imagine.

WizardStan said:
matzesu said:
How dos other company do this?? Getting the Batteries out of Customs??? :unsure:
A well known name and a batch of lawyers, I would imagine.

When I peak into our departments for such stuff I conclude you need:

1. time
2. a telephone
3. more time
4. many swearwords
5. a big book (2 might be better) defining what exactly that is you have there.
6. another person helping you to determine if that battery is a storage for electrons or a mobile powerdevice or something that delivers power or something that has the capability to power other devices (...plus 20 more options)
7. more swearwords
8. coffee (seems very important)
9. maybe a second telephone in case the other one got smashed
10. a lawyer at hand might also help to explain why these are just plain batteries and not the batteries for blowing up the houses of parliament "some guy wrote about in that forum on the internets earlier today".

...well thats german customs. British ones might be a lot easier, right? .....right??

IIRC there's a problem with having that much li-ion/li-po capacity in one place due to fire/exploding hazard. OP may need some kind of permit to import them or they just need to go through a longer customs process. Or was there some material in the batteries that may not exceed a certain amount in one package? I remember reading about this on a website about batteries someone linked too on this board.

WizardStan said:
jaycee900 said:
Karel Jansens said:
That's "nu-ku-lar", iprice.
If you want to spell like a dick yes, otherwise iprice is correct.
it's a Simpson's quote.
Nu-ku-lar.

I believe former president G.W. Bush also pronounced it this way. Pretty sure Obama says it right, as long as he's reading the teleprompter.
Also seems to used as a southern US stereotype that all people down south cannot say "Nu cle ar" but "Nu ku ler" although this Simpson's kinda of emphasized the "Nu ku LAR" pronunciation.
Gotta love those Simpson's!

duct-oj.jpg

"Your Honor, the Nu ku ler Terrorists who
killed his wife would have needed these
special gloves which Mr. Simpson cannot
possibly wear as you can see."

Attachments

• duct-oj.jpg
    duct-oj.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 94
cosurgi said:
craigix said:
show them all your FCC certificates, that you got already.
FCC is US. It won't do them any good :p

craigix said:

Dont worry Craig, its a nice diversion from the fact the cases haven't shipped yet, eh?

speaking of Germany is it just me or does everyone have trouble not unconsciously going into an accent when there near someone with a strong one.

Back