Shipping On The 4Th?

Sugar_Kane said:
Call me crazy but I will actually be sad when the waiting is all over

Don't worry there will always be something else Pandora related to wait for. A new firmware release, a bugfix to your fav emulator etc.

craigix said:
Today's challenge: Getting the batteries out of customs.

More delays. It vapourware I tell you. I'm a twat. Don't push me. :p
I'm a fanboy really.

Last edited by a moderator:
may88 said:
Sugar_Kane said:
Call me crazy but I will actually be sad when the waiting is all over

Don't worry there will always be something else Pandora related to wait for. A new firmware release, a bugfix to your fav emulator etc.
I donno, actually having it is a big one, everything else is just icing on the cake.

matzesu said:
@Craig: Good lock from mee too!!, :rolleyes:

How dos other company do this?? Getting the Batteries out of Customs??? :unsure:

I guess they may follow them to the toilet, And have a rummage down the pan, Hopefully BEFORE
they have had chance to pull the chain. :rolleyes:

Well, That's my guess anyway.

Trooper

tyicepaws said:
speaking of Germany is it just me or does everyone have trouble not unconsciously going into an accent when there near someone with a strong one.

I want to answer your question, but it's kind of tricky as your statement has some ambiguity.
1) I guess "there" is supposed to be "they are".
2) a) Do you mean that if you, tyicepaws, are near someone [ b) A German speaker in particular or generally any accent? ] unconsciously drift into an accent [ c) Emphasizing your own accent or imitating the other persons accent? ] ?
Please clarify, then I would like to answer. Bye!

I'm afraid the customs started poking holes in the batteries out of curiosity =/ Poor lads never knew what hit them.

matzesu said:
How dos other company do this?? Getting the Batteries out of Customs??? :unsure:

Well, first, they have someone put the batteries through Customs.

I'm sorry. That was completely uncalled for.

porg said:
tyicepaws said:
speaking of Germany is it just me or does everyone have trouble not unconsciously going into an accent when there near someone with a strong one.

actually yes if I'm around someone with a strong accent I find myself drifting into it
if I'm not careful. And some tend to take offence

I want to answer your question, but it's kind of tricky as your statement has some ambiguity.
1) I guess "there" is supposed to be "they are".
2) a) Do you mean that if you, tyicepaws, are near someone [ B) A German speaker in particular or generally any accent? ] unconsciously drift into an accent [ c) Emphasizing your own accent or imitating the other persons accent? ] ?
Please clarify, then I would like to answer. Bye!

I may have to get a Cardboard Box OP and sneak a look at whats taking so long on an update of whats going on over there or maybe or maybe slip out with my pandora.

kingoddball said:
Any news on these damned cases, yet?
I'm guessing they are in transit. But I have made those assupmtions in the past, only to have Craig chime in with bad news. No one has said they have shipped, and no one has said they haven't. So go with what feels best for now. The way it sounded, Michael was coming this week if the cases arrive on time or not, so that tells me they have a pretty firm shipping window. But who knows?

Chris

Have they told the volunteers when they should arrange to meet at the hall?

Gerix said:
Have they told the volunteers when they should arrange to meet at the hall?
That's need to know information!

And sadly, we don't need to know! :p

Chris

I've chased and chased those cases but the courier said the factory were unable to give weights or number of boxes last week.

Chasing that up with the factory just resulted in the usual apologies and more promises to sort it out.

Anyway, eventually Fatih spoke to someone higher up and they promised to get them all packaged and weighed correctly so the courier can collect them.

This just seems to be the 'way' with these Chinese companies, I've never had a good experience with one, it seems you have to go through this baptism of fire with them all. I just wish we could have found a company in the UK which we could afford to use. But alas it had to be China with our budget.

You have to understand they just lie and lie and lie to us. It may well be that the person telling the lies really believes them to be true because it is what he is told. Who knows. It's all smoke and mirrors constantly. This is just how they seem to do business.

Anyway the good news is that all the final case samples have been absolutely superb.

I'm also very glad these cases were the only thing done in China. The rumour that the PCBs were made in China isn't entirely true, the (American) PCB company had them made for us, and used a facility in Asia (which they may well own) for some of the work. We know no more about it than that. They were certainly populated and tested in Texas.

The decline of manufacturing in the west is all due to this smoke and mirrors Chinese crap. I bet most companies go though it, save very little money, but stick with it because they invested so much. It's one big long con by China.

If I can I'll move that case production to the west at the earliest possible opportunity because I'm not falling for it.

Back