Should people disable their tapatalk spam message?

Should Tapatalk users disable the automatic "Sent from my $Device using Tapatalk 2" signat

• Yes, they ought to disable it because it is spam advertising

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • No, they should keep it

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

I'd prefer it if it were disabled, yes (even though it makes tapatalk look like cheapo invasive software)

I'm even tempted to remove it from peoples posts manually when I see it, but I feel it would be an abuse of modly powers - any thoughts?

I've never liked it either - I don't care how a person posts and I certainly don't need to know how they posted. It's pointless and doesn't make me want to rush out and get/use Tapatalk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm even tempted to remove it from peoples posts manually when I see it, but I feel it would be an abuse of modly powers - any thoughts?
Heh I would be tempted as well. Probably not a good idea though. Tapatalk users can disable the signature in the program settings. I hope this poll will help encourage more people to disable it.

Cheers

I see it frequently in mail too for all kind of devices or email clients. Not bothering me but I would prefer if people disable it. Basically it is not adding anything to a discussion so it is waste.  

It doesn't bother me either way as I can just ignore it.

People have all sorts of rubbish signatures but I don't see it as a problem.

Apologies if my tapa talk signature offends anyone ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

My only gripe is there isn't a line break between the comment and the signature..

not massively bothered but I voted to lose it.

my old iPhone used to do that on the emails too so I deleted it.

More annoying, for me anyway, is when people 'don't' include their work phone numbers in their work mail sigs...that's another gripe altogether though

Editing someone else's content is a complete no-go unless there's a really serious reason to do so. If you are tempted to remove such auto-spam from other people's content, then as despiteful as that spam may be, you're doing something wrong. Sent from my Browser using a Keyboard.

How do i hide this spam thread in the future?

I can ignore users, follow or not follow this topic, but how to ignore a topic?

Btw, if you don't like tapatalk users just put them one by one on the ignore list. You can reduce your communication to people and minds you like which saves a lot of wasted time.

Editing someone else's content is a complete no-go unless there's a really serious reason to do so. If you are tempted to remove such auto-spam from other people's content, then as despiteful as that spam may be, you're doing something wrong. Sent from my Browser using a Keyboard.
I was thinking that removing auto-appended spam might be acceptable, but given the reactions in this thread, you can forget I suggested it.

Mods should have the backing of (the majority of) normal users

Does that mean I should remove mine? I can if it makes people uncomfortable.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Does that mean I should remove mine? I can if it makes people uncomfortable. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Yes please - if you don't mind. If you do, a line break would make it less bothersome.

I was thinking that removing auto-appended spam might be acceptable, but given the reactions in this thread, you can forget I suggested it.
I thought so, but it was worth noting anyway. Sent from my Browser using a Keyboard.

that's better :)

sent from me using my fingers

Last edited by a moderator:
Back