Show us your pets

Phelsumania

I probably buy a new pet or plant every month, so thought i might start uploading pics if there are any animmal lovers out there.

Here are the fresh water clams that arrived 5 minutes ago

IMG_20111027_134413.jpg

Whoa, FW clams? IIRC those prefer a nice, established aquarium right?

Thank you Damummy, would love to see what everyone else shares there homes with.

Well a well estabelished aquarium is the most ideal situation for most fish and inverts. However i believe if you had a new aquarium as long as the water perameters are all good and your confident there always gonna be good you would be fine. Ive thrown one of mine in a upside down tank that is relatively new but its running with recycled water from another tank and has a fluval external filter hooked up to a fluidised sand bed filter which theoretically provides enough biological filtration for a 100m2 pond, and has a Co2 injector and 225 LED lighting unit designed to bring out the grean pigments in plants all running on it.

So if you were to go for a massive over kill set up like that, The waters gonna be absolutely perfect for most aquatic creatures to settle in nicely with no problems or stressing out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i am starting to get dissapointed i should have a male show bred 030 albino crowntail betta turning up today, but its 3pm and its still not arived yet :( . i did however purchace a male snakeskin guppy(just a bog standard runt, but nice patterned) and shed loads of plants at the local pet shop when i took the dog out earlier :) nice set of impulse buys

Well the betta never arived today :( However when i went in to my room about an hour ago i saw both my Laticauda eggs have hatched :D :D :D (these will be for sale in the trade thread)

Phelsuma Laticauda Laticauda ( pottentially a few hours old juviniles)

IMG_20111029_170406.jpg

IMG_20111029_170616.jpg

Haha, nice. I've seen this type of spoof sign done with a picture of a very angry wolf, but never an opossum. :lol:

People in my neighborhood love to leave silly signs like that around in shop windows, next time I see one I'll be sure to post it.

I'll be posting a photo of Jane's hedgehog (no thats not a euphemism :) ) but I don't want to blind it with the flash and it comes out very little in the daytime.

Not the best photo but it's hard to photograph something in the dark and not scare it to death.

2011-10-19 19.jpg

Aww - so cute! Is he/she a pygmy hedgehog? (I know that the big ones generally aren't kept as pets!)

Yes she (Bramble) is an African Pygmy Hedgehog.

She's the perfect pet for us as she sleeps all day (while we're out at work) and then wakes up in the evening when we can see her.

She's gorgeous. (I want one! :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Jane would definitely recommend them as a pet, they are a lot less demanding than a dog and perfect if you work days.

Back