Single, Unified Thread Geared Towards Tracking Progress Against The Gi

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
Idea taken from : http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47094

And a thread to define at what place on the roadmap we currently are.

'emil10001' said:
A timeline grabbed from the unofficial blog:

# CNC prototype - Done!
# Completion of factory mould for keymat
# Finalise keyboard layout
# Completion of factory mould for case
# CE/FCC testing
# Mass production test run
# Stability testing
# Arrival of last bits and pieces for production
# Commence mass production
# Commence final testing
# Start shipping

Edit:
Timeline from official blog:

* Get the final Prototype case (finished and will ship Friday, 6th of March)
* Create the keymat mould (takes 20 - 25 days)
* Design the final keyboard layout (needs to be finished when the mould is ready)
* Create mould of final case (can be done once the case fits, takes 30 - 35 days)
* CE / FCC testing (can be done once the prototype case is here)
* Mass Production testrun for the final boards
* Stability testing (this will be fun)
* Wait for the last remaining pieces for mass production (LATEST deadline is second week of March)
* Mass Production
* Test the boards
* SHIP THEM!

Last edited by a moderator:
'stustaff' said:
'Bosbeetle' said:

Whats "the Gi"???

The Gi is an secret order that aims to delay the pandora. Foretold by the very ancient sumerians its the faith of one single thread to destroy the evil only known as the Gi and restore the harmony in the world thus bringing hope to the hopless and making the unlikely come true by helping the devs to finish the pandora.

or

he wantet to spell something but he exceeded the characer limit for the thread title

A timeline grabbed from the unofficial blog:

# CNC prototype - Done!
# Completion of factory mould for keymat
# Finalise keyboard layout
# Completion of factory mould for case
# CE/FCC testing
# Mass production test run
# Stability testing
# Arrival of last bits and pieces for production
# Commence mass production
# Commence final testing
# Start shipping

Edit:
Timeline from official blog:

* Design the final keyboard layout (needs to be finished when the mould is ready)
* Create mould of final case (can be done once the case fits, takes 30 - 35 days)
* Wait for the last remaining pieces for mass production (LATEST deadline is second week of March)
* Mass Production
* Test the boards
* SHIP THEM!

'drD20' said:
'stustaff' said:
'Bosbeetle' said:

Whats "the Gi"???

The Gi is an secret order that aims to delay the pandora. Foretold by the very ancient sumerians its the faith of one single thread to destroy the evil only known as the Gi and restore the harmony in the world thus bringing hope to the hopless and making the unlikely come true by helping the devs to finish the pandora.

or

he wantet to spell something but he exceeded the characer limit for the thread title

the first is so much more probable :p

So now its molds and mweston prototype making_testing_etc.

How are the keymat molds coming?

May I suggest a title change to:

Timeline vs Progress

Or something short like that?

Thank you Bosbeetle for bringing us some much needed organization. I've posted above the official timeline with associated, relative times.

'emil10001' said:
* Mass Production
* Test the boards
* SHIP THEM!
Do we know whether or not the Mold for the case and the keymat are concurrent? I suspect that they are, but I can't recall seeing anything about that.

As for time left, I'm guessing that we're getting pretty close, after having sat on my check for a few weeks, it did finally get cashed. So I'm guessing that we're either getting close, or Craig's planning to have a most excellent trip to Bolivia. :p

I believe that the keymat and case molds will be developed in parallel, and they will probably both start as soon as the cnc case has been fitted together by mweston.

'hedwards' said:
As for time left, I'm guessing that we're getting pretty close, after having sat on my check for a few weeks, it did finally get cashed. So I'm guessing that we're either getting close, or Craig's planning to have a most excellent trip to Bolivia. :p
Hmmm, I'm not Craig, but I am having a most excellent trip to Bolivia some months after receiving my finished Pandora, it'd be easier to carry than my desktop PC while I'm there for six months..

a post from ED from today in the german forum

Ich wäre mit Ende April vorsichtig, es kann alles im Laufe des Aprils klappen, aber es kann natürlich auch irgendwas dazwischenkommen (was wir nicht hoffen, aber man weiß ja nie).

translated by a dutchman so crappy :

I was carefull saying end of april, everything could be finished somewhere in April, but there is always the possibility that something can go wrong (lets hope not but we cant know)

That'd be nice if it was end of April, but considering everything, I wouldn't expect it to arrive with anyone until late May/early June. But a big part of this is my not wanting to get my hopes up for anything earlier.

Eh, just say the 1st of May and call it good. If its done before that great, but don't expect it until then. And with that I'm not visiting the forums for a month or until I get my Pandora, people are too sensitive here. Its understandable as the Pandora has been anticipated for so long, not any ones fault really. The more time you spend reading these threads the longer it will seem to take the Pandora to come out.

looking at the list of things that need finishing, and given the awful track record of getting things done first time, it doesnt really look like it'll ship much before july/august. well i said in december i'd draw the line and opt out if april rolled around and we still had nothing, gona have to stick to that though it pains me to do it.

'second exodous' said:
Eh, just say the 1st of May and call it good. If its done before that great, but don't expect it until then. And with that I'm not visiting the forums for a month or until I get my Pandora, people are too sensitive here. Its understandable as the Pandora has been anticipated for so long, not any ones fault really. The more time you spend reading these threads the longer it will seem to take the Pandora to come out.
Like I said in my post, I just don't want to get my hopes up. I think that the devs really are doing a great job with such a massive project. Estimates are estimates.

It is topic against Gilgamesh! Burn the indians down to ashes!!!

Back