Release Site Update

'lulzfish' said:
8D

"we can begin to ship early / middle of April!"

That's cool. And the factory needs a month to make molds for injection molding, but then they can produce 50,000 Pandora cases a day.
Seems like overkill but I guess it's still cheaper than any other process.
Wasn't there that poll to guess the ship date and one of the choices was April 1st... looking likely now lol

Last edited by a moderator:
How come it takes 30 to 35 days for the molds to be ready don't they have to make only two molds,lower part(where the keyboard goes) and upper part(where the lcd goes) wouldn't it take a cnc machine 1 or 2 days to do this.I am confused can somebody please explain.

Wait Wait ,its four different parts two for each side.

I'm thinking end of april because even after the FCC CE testing and the cases get produced they still need to be put together then shipped out to the people shipping them to us, and that's if nothing at all goes wrong.

I would elect to have the three of my Pandora's Shipped via the 'kit' method as long as the pieces passed inspection. That is to say, if it meant getting my Pandora Earlier.

I highly doubt assembling the Pandora will be hard. Maybe coiling the LCD ribbon through the hinge with the antenna wires, but it should be simple enough.

'Alpha2' said:
I'm thinking end of april because even after the FCC CE testing and the cases get produced they still need to be put together then shipped out to the people shipping them to us, and that's if nothing at all goes wrong.

I'm sure they could skip the FCC CE testing if they really wanted to. After all, a little zap every now and then never hurt anybody.

I think they make lots of each mold. There's no way you could make 50,000 a day with one mold

im quite shock a month of moulds, now while i know nothing of the process,
im guessing its because of other priority work, possibly cost coming into the long delay

i cant see why a computer cant just g and cut out the mould, unless were talking about the model itself needing changes then i understand

"im guessing its because of other priority work"

Yeah, that's probably it.

So think "almost a month of waiting for the mold-making machine to become available, then a couple of days of mold-making, then over 9000 Pandoras a day."

whee, so they finally managed to reduce the estimated-time-till-shipping from 2 months to 1,5 months. And they only needed 5 months to get to that point. Amazing. If that trend goes on, we will have the pandora in about a year. Great.

Sorry, I'm quite happy at the moment. I was seriously afraid the day when they announce the shipping is getting closer will never come.

Guys, great news! I'm looking to get my hands on my Pandora and seeing just what it can do!

Also, I've been loosely following the progress of the Beagle Board. Last I read, though it's been a while, getting the 3D to work properly was still tricky.

For us Newb developers will you have a setting up the development environment, particularly for those 3D drivers, and emulation under PC for Linux and Windows?

Thanks again!

'atomicthumbs' said:
Hey, if it ships mid-April, I might just get it for my birthday. :D
Looks like I'll be alone for my 12-hour flight on April 7th though :(

Hey, if it ships mid-April, I might just get it for my birthday. :D

Looks like I'll be alone for my 12-hour flight on April 7th though sad.gif

Just watch, they'll be shipping the second batch just before school starts... I'll order it, then have to leave for school...

As I'm unpacking and moving back into my dorm, I'll get an IM from my mom: "Hey lulzfish you got a package, looks like it came about 5 minutes after you left for college. Oh well, see you in a few weeks."

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

sweet! :)

give us realistic and pessimistic dates too, don't be all optimistic :p

i'd add it to my sig too except if i edit it it shits up like so:

Pandora Release Date: March/April ... April/May ... June/July ... September [August preorder] ... Unknown (release date removed from site) ... November [September preorder] ... Dec/Jan/Feb? Oh so it's mid-Feb now is it? ... March/April?
Wiz Release Date: October November February (o.o) April

'lulzfish' said:
be shipping the second batch just before school starts... I'll order it, then have to leave for school...

As I'm unpacking and moving back into my dorm, I'll get an IM from my mom: "Hey lulzfish you got a package, looks like it came about 5 minutes after you left for college. Oh well, see you in a few weeks."

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Can't your mum forward it to your school?

'lulzfish' said:

Your mom calls you lulzfish?

'Username' said:
'lulzfish' said:

Your mom calls you lulzfish?
Lol I just wanted to ask that before I saw your post.

Back