Release smplayer2 / mplayer2

Hi pder,

tested again with the radio. A little progress but no success ;)

Code:
root@Panda:/mnt/utmp/smplayer2/bin# ./mplayer radio://89.3/capture -radio device=/dev/radio0 -rawaudio rate=48000

[b]./mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libdvdread.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory[/b]

Now at first I really wonder WHY libdvdread is requested at all for FM-radio playback. Maybe my line contains an error? I'm quite clueless when it comes to working mplayer.

The radio is an ADSTech InstantFM (radio-si470x) and detected correctly (/dev/radio0) it seems.

[ 1803.139434] radio-si470x: DeviceID=0x1242 ChipID=0x0a0f

[ 1803.240783] usb 1-2.1: New USB device found, idVendor=06e1, idProduct=a155

[ 1803.240783] usb 1-2.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0

[ 1803.240814] usb 1-2.1: Product: ADS InstantFM Music

[ 1803.240814] usb 1-2.1: Manufacturer: ADS TECH

Hi pder,

Code:
root@Panda:/mnt/utmp/smplayer2/bin# ./mplayer radio://89.3/capture -radio device=/dev/radio0 -rawaudio rate=48000

[b]./mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libdvdread.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory[/b]
There is a wrapper script in /mnt/utmp/smplayer2 called mplayer2.sh that sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH to allow shared libraries to be loaded in nonstandard locations.

Could you try to cd up a directory to /mnt/utmp/smplayer2 and do this instead?

Code:
root@Panda:/mnt/utmp/smplayer2# ./mplayer2.sh radio://89.3/capture -radio device=/dev/radio0 -rawaudio rate=48000

Alternatively you could run

Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/utmp/smplayer2/lib

Then your original command above.

Last edited by a moderator:
:p To say something very positive about the Player: It works with my ripped Star Trek NG files... they don´t work with panplayer :p Only thing mentionable is that it seems to use more cpu power than panplayer. But that´s not really so much an issue :p

Could you try going to Options -> Preferences -> Performance and set H.264 Loop filter to "Skip (always)" and see if that makes a difference for you in terms of CPU usage? I probably should make this a default setting.

This player has gone worse than before now the original dvd and audio cd's don't work anymore.

Come on man, I appreciate you reporting problems, but at least post your logs. You have a really bad habit of not giving any useful information to allow people to help.

If by some chance you reflashed your firmware recently it might mean you need readd yourself to the cdrom group.
My disk mount was changed and entered it in drives and got it to work.

The player looks and feel good as pc,player is excellent play most formats and cd,s from external full speed only format struggles to play is mp4.

On page 3 please can you delete the whole page it has wrong things wriiten,can you do this asap.

On page 3 please can you delete the whole page it has wrong things wriiten,can you do this asap.

If you wrote wrong things, you can edit your post. I don't think anybody else wrote something "wrong".

Player looks good so far. I'm still searching for gamma/brightness options and somehow the Audio Equalizer can't be enabled. (EQ seems to be missing in many Linux Media players? )

If you look at windows movie players can play copy disks of vcd and audio cd inc. media player 11,vlc,flv player but smplayer 2 can't play copy disks of vcd and audio cd,why is it doing that.

Player looks good so far. I'm still searching for gamma/brightness options and somehow the Audio Equalizer can't be enabled. (EQ seems to be missing in many Linux Media players? )

Audio equalizer can be enabled through Options -> Preferences -> General -> Audio -> Enable the audio equalizer. I made this disabled by default since it uses a fair amount of CPU.

To allow brightness/gamma settings to work make sure Options -> Preferences -> General -> Video -> Use Software Equalizer is checked. You will then have controls for contrast, brightness, hue, saturation, and gamma under the video equalizer. Again this is disabled by default because it uses extra CPU.

Hi pder,

Code:

There is a wrapper script in /mnt/utmp/smplayer2 called mplayer2.sh that sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH to allow shared libraries to be loaded in nonstandard locations.

Could you try to cd up a directory to /mnt/utmp/smplayer2 and do this instead?

Code:
root@Panda:/mnt/utmp/smplayer2# ./mplayer2.sh radio://89.3/capture -radio device=/dev/radio0 -rawaudio rate=48000

Yep, now you say it...sounds reasonable :)

1st thing: Works fine now with the lib.

Throws me an "/dev/radio0 is no radio device!" - Any idea? The device is existent and the radio worked before (on a different PC)

1st thing: Works fine now with the lib.

Throws me an "/dev/radio0 is no radio device!" - Any idea? The device is existent and the radio worked before (on a different PC)

I took a look at the code and that error message would occur if it is trying to open your radio device using the v4l2 driver which is the default. Im wondering if maybe you need to specify to use v4l instead?

Try this:

Code:
./mplayer2.sh radio://89.3/capture -radio device=/dev/radio0:driver=v4l -rawaudio rate=48000

The last few posts detail what is happening in that area. Read them.

KmiXl.jpg

Do you have a USB radio tuner? That is required.

Hi pder, just to let you know that if I put the PND on the Pandora desktop, I can see 2 icons appearing : smplayer2 and mplayer2. If I move it to the menu, both icons disappear. Is it because of the way the PND is packaged? When clicked, the mplayer2 icon does nothing, so maybe if would be better to hide it?

Thanks for your great work!

Audio equalizer can be enabled through Options -> Preferences -> General -> Audio -> Enable the audio equalizer. I made this disabled by default since it uses a fair amount of CPU.

To allow brightness/gamma settings to work make sure Options -> Preferences -> General -> Video -> Use Software Equalizer is checked. You will then have controls for contrast, brightness, hue, saturation, and gamma under the video equalizer. Again this is disabled by default because it uses extra CPU.
Ah, there was it hidden, thanks. :) I have to check how much these options "cost" but at least Audio EQ is a must for me. Maybe this can be done with hardware acceleration in the future for more speed?

I took a look at the code and that error message would occur if it is trying to open your radio device using the v4l2 driver which is the default. Im wondering if maybe you need to specify to use v4l instead?

Try this:

Code:
./mplayer2.sh radio://89.3/capture -radio device=/dev/radio0:driver=v4l -rawaudio rate=48000

Unfortunately now I get the message that v4l is unknown to him. "[radio] Unknown driver name: v4l"

However if I interpretate the sourcecode correctly, it should support v4lv2 ? http://tomoyo.source...io-si470x-usb.c

This is Version 1.10. The current kernel comes with 1.08 but there where no major changes according to the log in between.

I might be wrong though...I'm not on solid ground when it comes to code.

----

ADDON: The issue is probably not the smplayer but the module. If I do the same with kernel 3.2 it works. I don't get a sound but that might be related to the wrong interface.

Addon2: "./mplayer2.sh radio://89.3/capture -radio device=/dev/radio0 -rawaudio rate=48000" this works with v4lv2, not the driver=v4l

Hi all,

Another update (0.0.4.1) has been uploaded to the repo.

Changes:

- Updated to latest upstream mplayer2 and libav code.

- Enabled radio v4l support

- Made h264 skip loop filter = always a default setting in SMPlayer2 for better performance.

- Removed mplayer2 launcher application from PXML since it was showing up in menu and it did nothing when clicked.

Please see git for more details and a complete list of changes.

Hi all,

Another update (0.0.4.1) has been uploaded to the repo.

Changes:

- Updated to latest upstream mplayer2 and libav code.

- Enabled radio v4l support

- Made h264 skip loop filter = always a default setting in SMPlayer2 for better performance.

- Removed mplayer2 launcher application from PXML since it was showing up in menu and it did nothing when clicked.

Great! big thanks for taking the time and porting this for us Pandorians.

Hi all,

Its been a little while so I built and uploaded a new version (0.0.5.1) to the repo.

Changes:

- Updated to latest upstream smplayer2, mplayer2 and libav code.

- libcdparanoia was dropped in favor of libcdio

- libdvdread and libdvdnav are now statically linked

If someone has a usb dvd drive, I'd be interested in knowing that nothing broke in regards to playing dvds and cds.

Hi all,

Its been a little while so I built and uploaded a new version (0.0.5.1) to the repo.

Changes:

- Updated to latest upstream smplayer2, mplayer2 and libav code.

- libcdparanoia was dropped in favor of libcdio

- libdvdread and libdvdnav are now statically linked

If someone has a usb dvd drive, I'd be interested in knowing that nothing broke in regards to playing dvds and cds.

Thank you for the update! Smplayer is my player of choice on Pandora.

One question : is it normal that the subtitles search function does not work ?

Back