Snes Emulator Problems

sulley

Still Fresh
hey guys i cant get chrono trigger or final fantasy 3 to work. they run until i complete a battle then they always freeze. ive tried differant roms. please help

sulley said:
hey guys i cant get chrono trigger or final fantasy 3 to work. they run until i complete a battle then they always freeze. ive tried differant roms. please help
You might be overclocking to high. The emulator freezes for me at anything over 770. Also make sure you're using the compatible version of the emulator to run those games. Also in the settings make sure they are set to compatible. Chrono Trigger runs great for me at 760mhz, so does FF3. However FF3's music is messed up with weird pitch issues. Bitrider from the gp32spain board has taken up the wiz port since version 7.0 and is working on the pitch issues in FF3 and some other games. I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
geise69 said:
Bitrider from the gp32spain board has taken up the wiz port since version 7.0 and is working on the pitch issues in FF3 and some other games. I hope this helps.
I haven't heard that yet. That's good news.

geise69 said:
sulley said:
You might be overclocking to high. The emulator freezes for me at anything over 770. Also make sure you're using the compatible version of the emulator to run those games. Also in the settings make sure they are set to compatible. Chrono Trigger runs great for me at 760mhz, so does FF3. However FF3's music is messed up with weird pitch issues. Bitrider from the gp32spain board has taken up the wiz port since version 7.0 and is working on the pitch issues in FF3 and some other games. I hope this helps.

sorry to bother you again but i just tyed running the 2 versions of the game i have on my wiz on compatable at 540mhz and it still freezes

Ok correction on my part. I am using DrPocketSnes v7.0.1 fast. However in the settings under Emulation I have it set to Compatible. Under the advanced hacks settings I have Audio Permance hack: OFF and Apply snesadvance.dat on ROM load: ON

Also the rom I am using is Final Fantasy VI (J) [T+Eng1.2_RPGOne]

i had the same freez problem with chrono tigger, let me know if the geise69 settings works for you. gl

mnm said:
i had the same freez problem with chrono tigger, let me know if the geise69 settings works for you. gl
Make sure you are not using DrPocketSnes v 7.1.0. That's the recent one that got released. I replicated the crash/freeze in Chrono Trigger with version 7.1.0. However it works fine with the last release v7.0.1. fast or compatible.

Version 7.1.0 only has TV-Out added to it, so please use the previous version 7.0.1.

thanks guys, i got it to work on 7.01 on compatable but not on fast. glad it works now!!

Back