SNES9xGP .97f RELEASED!!

I asked him if he could release the source code and this is his response:

Why do they have to use my source code... that makes no sense. They could
just compile the snes9x sources. You make no sense.

What should I e-mail him now?

Nothing just leave it or he might get pissed off and not release the gen emu

Um I have no problem with the latest version over clocked at 156, every rpg runs full speed on 2-4 frame skip and most games are also the same, of course Mega Man X is like 5 but it's still playable. Anyway I am offering to buy SNESEmu or Snes9xGP's source code.

Azure: tell him that, anybody who wants to make a snes emulator based off snes9x will now have to do it from scratch. All of the optimisations, improvements etc. that Intellecto has worked on will be WASTED as the new emulator writer will have to do them himself. Tell him that, by releasing the source, he will GAIN respect, that most people are confused that he hasn't released the source, and that it will save people a LOT of work. Finally, remind him that he couldn't have ported snes9x if the authors of the original snes9x HADN'T have released the sources!

Rico posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
Azure: tell him that, anybody who wants to make a snes emulator based off snes9x will now have to do it from scratch. All of the optimisations, improvements etc. that Intellecto has worked on will be WASTED as the new emulator writer will have to do them himself. Tell him that, by releasing the source, he will GAIN respect, that most people are confused that he hasn't released the source, and that it will save people a LOT of work. Finally, remind him that he couldn't have ported snes9x if the authors of the original snes9x HADN'T have released the sources!
I got this response from him:

Look at this email here:
This was from "scherzo":
I'm not a retard, do you understand you lazy fuck? I've already obtained the
official source for Snes9x but I was curious about what you did to speed up
it's performance and deal with other porting issues. A simple NO would have
been more honorable that your pathetic response. And don't write me back
trying to flame me because I've already blocked your address. Keep your
crappy source, jackass.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats the kind of stuff I get in my inbox. And all you have to do is compile
the snes9x sources... I'm not lying. Why would I lie? Look at what I get for
releasing a program... now imagine what I would get for releasing the
sources to a program. If you ask me about releasing sources that are already
available on the web again, then I won't reply to anymore of your emails...
ever.

This isn't a response to your message, I jsut e-mailed your message a couple of minutes ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
thebluenewt posted on Sep 4 2003 said:
And all you have to do is compile
the snes9x sources... I'm not lying. Why would I lie?

So is he saying he made no changes to it? Seems unlikely...
From reading this thread, the readme and doing a bit of thinking, I think it's very likely.

His snes emu is EXACTLY the same as the last version but made with a different source code. Basically he has just applied his techniques to a different and better source and whaddyaknow it happened to perform slightly better on the GP32. Therefore compiling the original source code used for this version after adding the appropriate GP32 coding would produce the same results, so there is no optimisation missing because zardoz never added any in the first place.

I suppose if he did release his source it would save the next coder some time in the translation department, but other than that anybody can pick up where he left off.

I'm usually wrong about these things but it was his comment in the readme about changing sources that led me to thgis train of thought.

Over and out.

Twimfy posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
thebluenewt posted on Sep 4 2003 said:
And all you have to do is compile
the snes9x sources... I'm not lying. Why would I lie?

So is he saying he made no changes to it? Seems unlikely...
From reading this thread, the readme and doing a bit of thinking, I think it's very likely.

His snes emu is EXACTLY the same as the last version but made with a different source code. Basically he has just applied his techniques to a different and better source and whaddyaknow it happened to perform slightly better on the GP32. Therefore compiling the original source code used for this version after adding the appropriate GP32 coding would produce the same results, so there is no optimisation missing because zardoz never added any in the first place.

I suppose if he did release his source it would save the next coder some time in the translation department, but other than that anybody can pick up where he left off.

I'm usually wrong about these things but it was his comment in the readme about changing sources that led me to thgis train of thought.

Over and out.
This isn't about zj's snesemu, it is about intellecto's snes9xgp

True. Snes9x is designed to be portable. Perhaps he didn't actually optimise it at all, and that's why he doesn't want to look at it. Maybe some other devvers could at least look over the source to see it's portability? The DOS version in particular ought to be easily portable.

Yeah sorry about that. I got forgot which one I was talking about half way through. I think it was Snes emu but either way I still believe what I'm saying to be the case.

Hehe

/me downloads Snes9x source
/me compiles with DKA
/me gets lots of errors
/me gives up

;)

rcx21000 posted on Sep 4 2003 said:
Hehe

/me downloads Snes9x source
/me compiles with DKA
/me gets lots of errors
/me gives up

;)
:lol:

I don't think he is going to answer my emails anymore.

Back