snes9xgp news from gp32 news

I have heard that if you put your snes games into the root directory (Gp:/snes) not the GPMM folder that it works. I haven't tried it since I haven't used my Gp32 since the batteries died. Try it out and tell me.

It dosn't do that normaly I hex edited the emulator to look in the directory for roms just so its not such a mess when you go to load a game. You are probably thinking of another thread that I mentioned that in.

This is what I did:

With an hex editor edit your snes9xgp.fxe file and change all 'GPMM' strings to 'SNES' . Then edit your snesemu fxe (snes.fxe) and change the 'gp:\gpmm\snes\' to 'gp:\snes\'.

Now you can copy your Snes roms to gp:\snes and use both emus with them.

E-mail from Intellecto:

Ah... does that say money... then its settled, I'll enter the next version.
It doesn't say if you can release it before you enter it or not... do you
know if you can? Oh, never mind... I see I can release it after I send it. Thanks for the
info.

I guess that means that we will get a full speed snes emu. He probably will send a full speed one so that he can get as much cash as possible (some of the contributions say that they will only donate cash for full speed emulation).

i dont c a problem in sending some authors a bit of cash,
after all they are doing some really neat coding,just so the rest of us,
who are the non coding peps,can play snes or genesis,master system,pcengine,or any other old console systems on our gp32,
i really do need a good snes one though its my fav system of all time.
keep up the good work guys. :D

does anybody have any sort of idea of the time-scale for this release.

i REALLY fucking need this emu' more then you will ever know' there are so many games for the snes, i could spend about 3 years playing a different rom everyday :)

everytime some news is released about this emu, i get butterflies in my stomach :blink:

oh and when is the spanish contest finishing?

I think intellecto will have snes9xgp finished a couple of weeks before the deadline and then release it after its been entered. I hope he isn't going to work on his emu every minute he has until the deadline.

Azure posted on Aug 13 2003 said:
I think intellecto will have snes9xgp finished a couple of weeks before the deadline and then release it after its been entered. I hope he isn't going to work on his emu every minute he has until the deadline.
One part of me agrees, while the other part shouts, "NO! I WANT PERFECT SOUND WITH 100% SPEED ON FRAMESKIP 0!!". I usually beat down that part with a bat - my take on self-parenting. I think we all have that little child inside of us. Or maybe it was just the Soylent Green I had for lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
E-mail from Intellecto:

If you ask me, it will be full speed with sound. If you ask someone else,
they'll complain about not having frameskip 0 :)
So it depends on who you ask :)

Azure posted on Aug 15 2003 said:
E-mail from Intellecto:

That sounds great! RPGs must surely be more than playable.

Azure posted on Aug 15 2003 said:
E-mail from Intellecto:

if its not Frameskip 0, then its not full speed, sorry...

....doesnt mean it wont be damn good tho :D

People should stop saying fullspeed because its a little misleading. One of the reasons I bought my gp32 was to play snes9x, and it said fullspeed and sound in the readme. It was far from fullspeed... But I expect big things from the next release. If ct is too slow, I will just overclock cause im too damn impatient. I dont want to seem ungrateful, im just a bit picky when it comes to emulators.

Maybe there is something wrong with me, but I find Super Mario Stars playable on the recent build of Snes9xGP (without sound, default frameskip). Okay it's jerky but you can see what you're doing. Any improvement is a welcomed one, though.

i would also overclock, because craig tested it with a half broken (smc reader problem) and it runs at 166 perfekt many hours without any problems, but my gp32 frezzes after overclock it at 156 also with new battaries... thats very sad

intellecto says it wouldn't be necessary to overclock snes9xgp in the next version, but I would still do it for a lower frameskip, especially on games like mario rpg.

Back