So, what's the current status of everything?

Nice Videos, only thing I have to complain: as a Longtime Pandora User, I can’t understand why you ditnt used the Nubs instead of the Stylus, or the DPAD for some tasks,
I used my Stylus not that often when my Pandora was new as using the Nubs where quite comfortable in Handheld Mode..
These Times, my Nubs ditnt work everytime how they should so I have to use the Touchscreen, but your Pyra is quite new, so you should use the Nubs, there great as Mouse ..

Whit the Screen Protect Foil is a bit whyrd, hopefully there isn’t this issue on the Production Units

Would it be easer if whe just open some screws on the Lid, so the Foil is not held by the Case??
Blue is a pretty cool color for the Pyra ..

Any chance the card reader that does not work is SD (limit 2GB or 4GB for a very few special cards) or more likely SDHC (limit 32GB)?

Pyra appears to be SDXC which should work with cards up to 2TB.
No because my samsung 256GB sdxc card works with that reader.

There aren’t boring, it’s impressive cause it’s new Pyra Stuff..
I was expecting only Grench made some footage on Pyra because he was long time the only Prototype Preeorder Guy who was known, but seems like the time until massproduktion could be quite interesting..

@imposserous Thank you so much for your videos. Seeing the Pyra used normally is fantastic to watch, warts (stylus issues and crashes) and all. If you feel inclined to do more videos, then I'd be very much interested. Especially with other apps/games and using additional SD cards being used.

Incidentally, am I the only one to think that the leds under the logo on the back would benefit from additional diffusion? The lights look a little uneven, and I think don't show the logo in its best "light".

Reactions: rSl
@imposserous
Incidentally, am I the only one to think that the leds under the logo on the back would benefit from additional diffusion? The lights look a little uneven, and I think don't show the logo in its best "light".

That's probably because the prototypes have tranparent logos whereas the final one will be milky white.

My big card is not detected at all (by lsblk) when put in inbuilt card reader, but it works with USB card reader, so what I am worried is that some card readers do not support big cards. What if that doesn't work with Pyra? Card itself is fine as it works with USB card reader. It is formatted to ext4.

With inbuilt card reader, are you speaking of the SD slot below the battery?
Because that one isn't active when you are booting from eMMC.

If you're talking about the normal one outside: what does dmesg say?

The only USB keyboard I have is not recognized in either USB-A port. It is recognized by another computer I have. In Synaptic package manager I see many packages for Bluetooth devices but I'm not sure which ones are relevant.

I haven't tested the USB Ports but it would be weird if both of the are broken.
Do other USB devices (USB Stick, etc.) work?

With inbuilt card reader, are you speaking of the SD slot below the battery?
Because that one isn't active when you are booting from eMMC.

If you're talking about the normal one outside: what does dmesg say?
Seems, docbroke's talking about his PC and you about the Pyra. He's uneasy/worried, that maybe the Pyra might not recognize his 512GB card, since his PC taught him, that can be a thing.

it seemed to be trapped under the bezel. i think Grenchsaid the same thing but his bezel was not seated correctly on the right hand side so the plastic cover came off easily.

I think until I get my „Matzes Pyra 28“ (my Device Name) I think the tiny Assembly Issues are gone,
Also hopefully some of the Issues whit the Software..

But it’s cool whe have now a bigger Stylus

it seemed to be trapped under the bezel. i think Grenchsaid the same thing but his bezel was not seated correctly on the right hand side so the plastic cover came off easily.

It's not really trapped, I left it there so that it doesn't come off too easy. But on all units I tried you could simply pull it out.

Then I’m fine,
Wouldn’t be a good pr if par Exempel Ashens made a Review on Pyra, and he didn’t get the Screen Protect Foil of..
He made a Video on Pandora Years ago.. , or some other important Youtubers ..

But the good thing is: Bibi want get a Pyra .. ^^

I don’t want to make some Videos, only some Pictures

• Haha
It's not really trapped, I left it there so that it doesn't come off too easy. But on all units I tried you could simply pull it out.
thanks ED , it did seem that imposerous had to pull very hard to get it off,to the point he said i hope i didnt break anything.

Also a Prototyp is Double expensive than a normal MP Unit,
If he crackd the LCD, how easy would it be to ship a new one in the USA and change it??
So it’s better to be careful..

• Love
The only USB keyboard I have is not recognized in either USB-A port. It is recognized by another computer I have. In Synaptic package manager I see many packages for Bluetooth devices but I'm not sure which ones are relevant.
Have you tried plugging the keyboard in via a USB hub? You used to have to do that on the Pandora

Back