So, what's the current status of everything?

I just really want to pay off the rest of my Pyra and be able to sit back and hopefully watch the end of the process this year. I know I can get a second voucher but I want to know exactly how much more ED will need, and then to have an email that says “you’re paid up, you’re all set.”

I am somewhat angry since I lost a bet that Pyra would start shipping in 2019. Had to give away a new sealed AGS-101, and didn't get to get a sealed micro. Besides it is the second time I lose that particular bet with the very same person. Think the last time was in 2017 (or was it 2016?). I don't believe that I have a gambling problem but who knows... Probably I am somewhat bitter since the current delay isn't caused by a technical challenges but from a lack of funding which I was so blind to not see this time around. Even stopped daily check for forum news here at end of December!

Ranting aside, a funny fact - again with the same guy we met with ED in 2016 in Greece (there I saw a Pyra, yay!). My friend offered to help with drivers but ED wasn't convinced and didn't want do borrow (or lease) him a pyra board.

• Love
Reactions: rSl
*bump* :)

pyra-news-png.35479

by erico

Heck I didn't come around to push the game to the repo yet...won't bother you with the excuses but hope it should happen this week. As an extra, gfx files are accessible. Which means I can change the hero to Ed like this mockup. :)
Let the guy rest till february. I'm sure good stuff is upcoming. ;)

why aren't y'all coding in preparation for the upcoming release of the pyra? we'll need some fun software/games :).

i'm hoping this will compile/run fine on the pyra, maybe using gl4es. (i'm in the process of upstreaming some changes that should be very useful; i.e., making it possible to customize controls even further.) at some earlier point, i cross-compiled it for the pyra, so that seems promising, but no unit to test with yet :)

what game is that?

Ah, good to know. Thank you. So in Faroese too, it would seem. So many languages yet to learn... :)

I neglected to mention that the nominative plural could also be Pyru, but that would only be if it were considered to be a neuter noun, and neuter nouns of this form are rare and most often body parts. Since the Pyra is named after a female mythological figure (Pyrrha) and the word for computer (tölva) is also feminine, and feminine nouns of this form are much more common, it would almost certainly be considered a feminine noun and treated as such.

Back