So who else took today off work (or skived) for the new call of duty

Phelsumania

So as everyone knows the new COD was out came last night, and nearly everyone i know has booked time off work (or phone in sick) i have bokked the next four days off work and have already clocked up15 hours straight game play so far (been awake since i woke up at 5 am on monday morning, and will probably pull another all nighter tonight too)

I was wondering how many of our fellow members have booked time off to play the life out of of their beloved consoles.

I also think it would be great to see some official figures detailing holiday taken and sick days taken nationally on the release dates of the call of duty games (or any other game which has a huge fan base) I think it would be interesting to see how much the release of a game like call of duty could temporarily ruduce the productivity of the country :D

Call of Duty? :huh:

This 50 bucks game with 5-10 Hours of Gameplay? :rolleyes: No, sorry, I never was fan of this series, I prefer 10 bucks games with years of fun like Minecraft. ^^ And I would prefer Battlefield 3 over Call of Duty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only found one thing to recommend Call of Duty - and that's their acronyms. You just can't beat "CODBLOPS" for showing just how ridiculous a game can get :)

Still, I expect it will keep the Jeremy Kyle Show attendee's club happy for a few months!

D.

I also do not own any modern consoles... and my PC is too out of date to play current releases.

And I have never played any Battlefield or Call of Duty game... highly unlightly that I ever will too. Subject matter leaves me stone cold.

When I get my new Laptop next year, the kinds of titles I would definitely take a few days off for:

Heart of the Swarm

Spore 2 (not Darkspore)

the Mass Effect series

I'm taking a day off on...

skyrim111111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could take 11/11/11 off, minecraft and Skyrim ftw. But it is the first day of my exams :( Organisers of these events are so inconsiderate :p

Minecraft interests me, but as die-hard fan of the Elder Scrolls games (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind), I'm not liking what they've done to the series since Oblivion. I do not have much faith that they've returned to form with Skyrim, and from the 20 minute gameplay vid I saw a couple of days ago, it does look like Oblivion all over again. Ah well, I'm sure they'll get it right one day.

D.

Yesterday i Bought the Half Live Orange Box, whit Portal, Half Live 2, Episode 1 and 2, and Team Fortress 2 for about 19 Bugs, thats a lot more entertainment as call of duty for 50 bugs, and i also bought Risen for 19 bugs because a famous lets player in germany has begun to play it and its looks interessting, its like the gothik games these new shooter do all have great and impressive graphiks, but there are all the same

so i prever to play duke nukem 3D on the Pandora :)

Was never into COD much, I can usually wait to play a game, i like to play it over time anyways, I don't like to dump a few days into a game, I like to play it slowly over a month or more.

Back